Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September Wrap-Up

***I swear I scheduled this for the 30th! I don’t know what happened!***

I was not mentally prepared for September. I’ve averaged three hours of sleep a night, and as such, whenever I attempted to sit down and read I would end up lying down and sleeping for the next two hours.

Highlights

The Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon was announced, and signs ups were opened to the general public. Looks like it’s going to be tons of fun—it isn’t too late to join!

I interviewed Pica @ Pica Reads, one of my favorite bloggers!

I sorta disappeared for a week and took a much needed break while my laptop was having minor surgery performed.

I also helped to reveal the cover of Abandon by Elana Johnson (which is really pretty!)

Books Read

299947563577083843654

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry

78243221251089924770

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland… by Catherynne M. Valente

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

This actually wasn’t as bad a reading month as it looks. I averaged about four days per book. Well, except for Fairyland which took almost two weeks. I’m also almost finished with eGalley’s of Eve & Adam, and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland…

134934639668611

Received This Month

WON:

107578068581936

How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

from Bookshop Talk (for submitting about a dozen reviews—most recently that of Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis!)

LIBRARY:

247701042909212476820

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Partials by Dan Wells

NETGALLEY:

11798085125582851287302713594857

Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt

Splintered by A. G. Howard

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George (SO EXCITED!!!)

Two and Twenty Dark Tales by Various Authors

MISC:

acrossimgres

Across the Universe Swag from Jen Bigheart @ I Read Banned Books

Origin Swag from Jessica Khoury

I didn’t get everything shown in each of the pictures. The AtU swag was divided among 5 winners. And due to the number of Origin Olympics participants, I only got a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and a sticker instead of all the awesomeness in the picture.

(Images via I Read Banned Books and Authorial Intent)

To Read

I’m not going to make a fancy list this month because that obviously didn’t work well last month. I’ll avoid the library and finally start to tackle my enormous TBR shelf which is starting to flow onto a second shelf.

Coming This Month

This month is going to be crazy! There’s the Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon starting on the 17th and a couple other reading events, I have a ton of reviews to catch up on, and three blog tours (though I still haven’t gotten the egalleys for two of those tours, so we’ll see if I end up dropping out or not…) Be prepared for craziness!

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. This round up is such a great way to see what you've been up to. I'm particularly interested in what you've snagged via Netgalley. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...