Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #11: Books That Made Me Emotional

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…a freebie! So I decided to choose books that made me emotional.
64828374570667207798
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Even though I wasn’t a big fan of Before I Fall, especially the characters, I got really emotional towards the end of everything and shed a couple tears.
9. Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
Janette Rallison’s books are usually fluffy, cheesy, silly books. And while this was all that, it was so much more. And just rereading the ending while writing this post made me start bawling again.
8. Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
I read this a long time ago, and only remember bits and pieces of the plot, but I do remember one particular scene which made me cry. The whole story is really touching.
2657299947513625148855
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
This is such a classic, and when I read the book or whenever I watch the movie, I get really emotional thinking about it.
6. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
A very complicated, yet simple story about a girl trying to find out exactly who she is. One scene in particular stuck out to me, and made me turn into a big crybaby.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Who didn’t cry during the last Harry Potter book? Thinking back to the first time I read the last book, I don’t think there’s a moment that I wasn’t emotional. And the epilogue…
4. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
I really didn’t want anything to do with this book. It looked and sounded boring, but it was beautiful. The story of Anne Frank is so sad, and Anne’s happiness and hope astounded me.
9956178243227260188
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
I wasn’t a big fan of the first half of this book, and then BAM! everything changes. It was an emotional roller coaster, full of laughs and tears (mostly tears). And I still haven’t read The Fault in Our Stars.
2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
I honestly think the beginning was the most emotional part for me. Sure, the whole book is emotional, but immediately everyone is thrown into these horrible conditions. And last chapter may have been even more emotional than the whole book. So yeah, lots of tears were shed.
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Well, the whole series was an emotional roller coaster, but this book was like watching a train wreck. Everything was horrible and there was no hope left, but I couldn’t stop reading. And so I finished this book around midnight crammed in a tiny car with lots of people, and I couldn’t stop crying. They still laugh at me.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your list, at least with the ones I've read.

    Before I Fall I've heard is such a good book, and I am ashamed that I haven't read it yet.

    Jellicoe Road and Anne Frank... omg so emotional.

    Looking For Alaska made me cry both times I read it. I adore John Green. Have you read The Fault in Our Stars?

    And Mockingjay... I completely agree about how this book was a huge train wreck. And yet, completely addicting.

    Jane
    janestoryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your rewind topic today. So many great books. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I just bought Looking for Alaska within the past week. I have heard many good things about the book. :)

    New follower. :)

    Have a great week, Debz.

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Anyone who laughs at you after finishing Mockingjay clearly isn't a reader or a friend. That stuff was rough.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...