Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #12: Fairy Tale Authors

A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…Top Ten Favorite Authors in X Genre. To get into the fairy tale spirit for the Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon starting tomorrow, I chose, what else? Fairy Tale Retellings!
3673492226595266667
10. Cameron Dokey
Cameron Dokey has written close to a dozen fairy tale retellings, and I’ve enjoyed the few which I’ve read.
9. Robin McKinley
Everyone has heard of Robin McKinley. She’s quite frequently referred to as the queen of fairy tale retellings due to the fact that she’s been writing them for over 30 years.
8. Alex Flinn
Alex Flinn has become well known for her modern twists on fairy tales, and I’ve had the pleasure of reading several. She’s definitely a great author.
1235761567351471123571212180248
7. Zoe Marriott
Not only is Zoe a genius and all-around super nice person, her books are perfection! I just discovered them this year, and I only wish I’d read them sooner!
6. Janette Rallison
Janette’s usual genre is cheesy romantic comedy, but there’s no denying her best books are her Fairy Godmother books. They’re so fun and magical!
5. Marissa Meyer
Cinder is one of my favorite books ever, and so I think it’s safe to say that all her upcoming books are going to be just as amazing (and based on the first few chapters of Scarlet, they definitely will be!)
4. Alethea Kontis
Another debut author! But I know all her other books are going to be spectacular because of how incredible Enchanted was. Also, I got to chat with her a while ago, and she definitely knows her way around a fairy tale!
31577181210754248484
3. Gail Carson Levine
Gail Carson Levine’s books took up most of my childhood. Her books are so perfect for fairytale fans of any age!
2. Jessica Day George
I have determined that Jessica can do no wrong. I’ve read all her books, and they are loaded with delicious fairy tale goodness.
1. Shannon Hale
But, Shannon Hale is better yet! Her books are just too spectacular. The writing and settings are so rich and beautiful, and put the Brother’s Grimm to shame!

3 comments:

  1. This is the second list I've seen so far. I'm so glad to see someone else doing fairytales!

    Cameron Dokey, yeah! I love her books.
    Alex Flinn, woehoe. I'm reading Bewitching at the moment.
    Zoë Marriott, the swan kingdom <3
    Marissa Meyer, Cinder is amazing.
    Jessica Day George, her princess books are so good. I can't wait for the third one.

    The other authors are HIGH on my TBR list. I'm going to read their books soon, because this genre is my favorite :)

    TTT fairytales authors @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...