Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #13: Kick-Butt Heroines

A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is…Kick-butt heroines! Now, I’m really not a fan of butt-kicking. If there’s some intense butt-kicking going on, I’m the first to turn my head. So I’m just slightly tweaking it to “Fierce Heroines”.
77192451186106210429092
10. Evie from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Evie is a girly-girl, but she’s also a paranormal hunter. And I love that about her. She’ll be out catching vamps, but make sure she’s back in time for her primetime dramas. And she has a pink taser.
9. Callie from Starters by Lissa Price
Callie is a risk-taker. She literally gave up her body through a bunch of risky circumstances just to take care of her brother. And on top of that, she can truly kick some tough butt.
8. Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Elisa kind of starts out as a wimp. She’s uncomfortable and insecure, but as the story progresses and she’s moved out of her comfort zone, she grows into a strong, powerful heroine.
927565878965278306857HUNGER GAMES, THE
7. June from Legend by Marie Lu
June is a genius, and she can be pretty darn fierce! She solves unsolvable mysteries and knows how to fight with the big boys!
6. Celaena from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Celaena is a bit like Evie, in that she can be assassinating someone one minute, and the next she’ll be talking about puffy pink dresses. She’s a girly girl who’s an expert at kicking butt!
5. Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth
Tris is almost definitely going to be on everybody’s list. She’s such a strong heroine! And the whole faction of Dauntless is all about butt-kicking, so this is a no-brainer.
4. Katniss from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Another one who has rightfully earned her place on every single list. It’s kind of obvious that she’s fierce, since *SPOILER* she managed to win the Hunger Games! But the best part is that she managed to win while killing as little as possible; she used her brains!
These last three are fierce duos, coincidentally all from fairytale retellings!
635770824848213206760
3. Rosie and Scarlett from Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
I loved loved LOVED Sisters Red! And my favorite part was seeing how these fierce sisters worked together to hunt werewolves!
2. Enna and Isi from The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale
You all know how much I LOVE these books. They’re beautiful! And I love Enna and Isi (and later on Dasha)’s relationship and how they balance their different gifts and work together. Especially in Forest Born, when they all leave their boys behind to go kick some butt on their own!
1. Cinder and Scarlet from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Cinder was my all-time favorite book this year for a long time…until I read Scarlet! And I think what made me love them so much was the strong presence that the title characters had. They were strong and intelligent and believable, and they were pretty awesome fighting against the…whoops! Almost let it slip! Go read it and see what makes them so fierce!
Who are some of your favorite fierce heroines?

1 comment:

  1. Go Katniss! That's a great list you've got there, I've added Sisters Red to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...