Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What’s Next #7

 

A weekly meme hosted by Icey Books

I’ve decided to try it a little differently this week and give you the first paragraph of each book to help you make up your mind!

10626594

 

 

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

“It is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die.
”Even under the brightest sun, the frigid autumn sea is all
the colors of the night: dark blue and black and brown. I watch the ever-changing patterns in the sand as it’s pummeled by countless hooves.”

 

11859244

 

 

Bewitching by Alex Flinn

“If you read fairy tales, and who doesn’t, you might believe there are witches all over the place—witches baking children into gingerbread, making princesses sleep hundreds of years, even turning normal teenage boys into hideous beasts to teach them a lesson. But actually, there are only a few of us.”

 

12872080

 

 

Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London

“As the carriage rolled across the desolate plains, the assassin slid his gaze over to his travelling companions. Husband and wife. Joined by love and a dedication that would soon cost them everything.”

 

 

What should I read? Vote in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. It's so hard to decide. But I'd go with Bewitching. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard The Scorpio Races is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark before dawn looks great! I love the cover!
    Check out my whats next and help me decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote goes to Darkness Before Dawn, I have been wanting to read it.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Darkness Before Dawn. :)

    I'd appreciate a vote on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be interested in your opinion of The Scorpio Races. I have a copy, but I haven't gotten to it because I didn't particularly like Shiver. But I hear they are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that people who didn't like Shiver really liked The Scorpio Races, and vise versa, so you'll probably end up liking it.

      Delete
  7. The Scorpio Races - take a break from the fairy tales ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Scorpio Races is outrageously good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vote is for Bewitching! :)

    ~Allison @ Good Books and Good Wine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...