Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #2: Dualed


Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper
Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!
13401993


You or your Alt? Only one will survive.
The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.
Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.
Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.
Why I Want It:
This book sounds completely awesome and kind of terrifying. Plus, Elsie Chapman is super duper amazing!
Coming to a bookstore near you… February 26th, 2013 from Random House Books for Young Readers
What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

10 comments:

  1. We seem to have a genetics-themed books thing going on this week. I have concluded this is the newest trend in publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. Need this book! I featured this a few weeks ago! GREAT PICK!!! :D Love love love,
    Inky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think your WoW is how I found out about it!

      Delete
  3. This book sounds awesome! I can't wait til it comes out and I can finally read it! Great choice this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how unique this one sounds! I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desperate for this one, I seriously need it NOW. Awesome choice :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one definitely sounds original. I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for featuring it.

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing! I'm really looking forward to learning more about this author. Thank you for sharing.

    Here's my WOW!

    xo,
    JL
    Between the Bind

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah really looking forward to this one! Great pick :)

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...