Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #3: Towering


Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper
Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!
15806868


At first, I merely saw his face, his hands on the window ledge. Then, his whole body as he swung himself through the window. Only I could not see what he swung on.
Until, one day, I told my dream self to look down. And it was then that I saw. He had climbed on a rope. I knew without asking that the rope had been one of my own tying.
Rachel is trapped in a tower, held hostage by a woman she’s always called Mama. Her golden hair is growing rapidly, and to pass the time, she watches the snow fall and sings songs from her childhood, hoping someone, anyone, will hear her.
Wyatt needs time to reflect or, better yet, forget about what happened to his best friend, Tyler. That’s why he’s been shipped off to the Adirondacks in the dead of winter to live with the oldest lady in town. Either that, or no one he knows ever wants to see him again.
Dani disappeared seventeen years ago without a trace, but she left behind a journal that’s never been read, not even by her overbearing mother…until now.
#1 New York Times bestselling author, Alex Flinn knows her fairy tales, and Towering is her most mind-bending interpretation yet. Dark and mysterious, this reimagining of Rapunzel will have readers on the edge of their seats wondering where Alex will take them next!
What I Want It:
In case you didn’t know, Alex Flinn is awesome! Her books offer really unique spins on all your favorite fairy tales. I’ve read Beastly (Beauty and the Beast), A Kiss in Time (Sleeping Beauty), and I’m currently reading Bewitching (Cinderella)! I was so excited when I found out that she’d be writing a Rapunzel retelling, and then when the cover came out this past week, I knew I needed to share!
Coming to a bookstore near you… May 14th 2013 from HarperTeen!
Oh, and Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. I just saw cover reveal for this yesterday and immediately had to add it to my tbr. I adore fairy tale retellings. And I did not read anything by Alex Flinn before (A shame I know). Great pick!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks for spotlighting it and Happy Halloween!! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a sucker for a great cover. Thanks for sharing heres My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...