Monday, November 5, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #14: Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read

A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is… A freebie! So I went through the long list of topics to get an idea, and I came up with Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read!

7171637991793821787

10. Anything by Cassandra Clare

You should all know by now that I hate paranormal romance, but even my friends who hate it right along with me highly recommend all her books, especially the Infernal Devices series. One of these days I’ll get around to it.

9. Blood Red Road by Moira Young

I’ve owned this book for almost a year, and after flipping through the first couple chapters I knew it was something I would love, yet I haven’t had the chance to read it!

8. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

My whole life The Princess Bride has been my favorite movie. And the moment I learned it was a book, I went searching for it. Somehow, after years of looking, I still haven’t found it anywhere!

32363071885117359835907

7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Another book I’ve owned for over a year! I’ve been hesitant to read it, even though everyone I’ve run into is in love with it.

6. Anything by Jane Austen

I really, really want to read Jane Austen’s works, but I’ve never had the chance thanks to stingy parents and a pathetic library. I did at some point get halfway through Pride and Prejudice, but then my copy got taken away and I still haven’t found it.

5. Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I loved Divergent so much, but once again my library sucks, and I don’t really have money to spend on brand new hardcovers. So I’ll just have to wait.

4. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

For years my father has been begging me to read Tolkien’s books, but I just haven’t been interested. But now with the movie coming out soon, I really want to get it over and done with. And maybe I’ll end up actually liking it!

24280118700851

3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

I’ve probably mentioned before that I’m obsessed with the musical, so I’m surprised that I still haven’t read it! It’s just really hard to find an unabridged version anywhere at all, and I want the real deal.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I know! I’ve owned it for a really long time, but I still haven’t read it! And if the rumors are right, I should drop my current read and jump straight on to this one! We’ll see…

1. Harry Potter books 4-7 by JK Rowling

This is my deep dark secret. I haven’t read the last half of the series, because they’re enormous! Instead, I’ve had the pleasure of listening to the audiobooks on the release. I was younger when they came out, and couldn’t handle multiple 700 page books in a row. Now I just prefer having the stories in an audio format. And for some reason, that’s helped me absorb a lot more Harry Potter facts, and I can destroy anyone in a trivia competition, all without ever having read the books!

What’s on your Top Ten list this week?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read a number of these books either, notably Jane Austen. That may never be fixed; I'm just currently uninterested.

    I read Clockwork Angel and thought it was just okay. I don't completely understand the hype.

    I also considered buying a cheap copy of Blood Red Road because I had really wanted to read it, but I flipped through a few pages and then wasn't sure anymore. Maybe later!

    But I will definitely recommend Graceling, The Fault in Our Stars, The Princess Bride, and Tolkien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same for 9,8,5,2,1 - yes even your deep dark secret. I didn't even listen to audio books. And now after I watched the movies, I lack the motivation to pick it up and continue...

    'Graceling' is very good if you are into YA Fantasy and kick-ass heroines.

    I read 'The Hobbit' a couple of years ago and I admit that it's much paler than LOTR, so you did not miss much IMHO.

    'Les Miserables' is really good but very long book. If you like classics, I highly recommend it. :)

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. For years my father begged me to read Lord of the Rings too and now I'm reread it for the fifth time! Maybe Father knows best? I have never been able to get myself through The Hobbit though, my uncle has been pestering me about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audio books are technically the same thing as reading, so you get a pass on HP. Hate paranormal romance?! Gasp! j/k

    Great topic!

    New follower.

    Check out my TTT

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Les Mis the musical but have only made it halfway through the book so far; great list! My TTT is: Top Ten Characters (and Literary Figures) That I’d Name My Pets After: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/top-ten-characters-and-literary-figures-that-id-name-my-pets-after/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all of Jane Austen's books. Because the language is difficult to follow I suggest watching the movie first to understand the basic plot. They're all great. Persuasion is my fave.
    Clean Teen Fiction
    Clean Adult Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain. The library here sucks too.
    You should totally read/finish Pride and Prejudice! It's one of my favorite books :)
    And, well, the later Harry Potter books were just okay for me, and Divergent was much better than Insurgent. :( So I'm not sure whether to recommend them or not...

    I haven't read The Hobbit, but loved Lord of the Rings. So maybe later...

    And I've heard only wonderful things about The Fault in Our Stars.
    Ah, so many books, so little time/money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Princess bride movie, so I really need to read the book too. Harry Potter <3 My good all time favorite love.

    TTT@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Fault in Our Stars is one I really hope to get to before the end of the year too. You've got to read Graceling - it's fantastic :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that listening to audiobooks is still a form of reading. And the audiobooks are amazing!

    P&P is my favorite book. Did you know you can go to www.gutenberg.org and read classics for free (ones that don't have copyrights). I think you can even download to kindles and stuff. You should give it a try. Because P&P is the best book ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is this?!!! You haven't read Insurgent yet? Finished HArry Potter? THE HOBBIT? BLOOD RED ROAD?!!!!! PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. I am shocked. Shocked Debz. But there's never too late to start! Haha. You'll LOVE them. I assure you. Go. Read. Now. YAY!

    XOXO Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Les Mis either which upsets me because I have a French degree. Also, you should read SOMETHING by Cassandra Clare, her world's are ADDICTING! I would recommend The Infernal Devices over The Mortal Instruments though.
    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...