Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #4: The Ward

Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper

Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!

12399857

 

 

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.

Why I Want It:

I heard about this book months ago. It sounded really good, but ever since it got that cover a couple weeks ago, I’ve been freaking out. I can’t wait!

Coming to a bookstore near you… April 30th 2013 from Katherine Tegen Books

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. This book had me at "daredevil mobile racer". Added it to my TBR list!

    And thanks for dropping by my WoW and following! I followed back :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I heard about this one recently too and thought it sounded great! Definitely have it on my list. Also love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yeah just saw this one in Harper's Summer Catalogs! Totes want it!!!

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right??? Isn't this cover insanely gorgeous! And the plot sounds fabulous too. I can't wait to read it!!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to read this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You THINK AWESOMLY. I love how we like the same books. HAHA. Yes. YES YES!!!!!! You've already seen my HOW so I'm not going to spam you but just YES...

    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds great! Very action-y!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    Lauren @ The Book Slayer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...