Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #5: Shades of Earth by Beth Revis


Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper
Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!
 
Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.

Why I Want It:

In case you haven’t heard, Across the Universe is spectacular. But it’s nothing compared to A Million Suns. So, if you haven’t read them yet, I suggest you get on that. Anyway, Shades of Earth is bound to be amazing. Every single thing I’ve heard about it guarantees that it’s going to be perfect!!! And I know everyone hates that cover, but it’s grown on me. Who cares about the cover, anyway? The story is marvelous either way!

Coming to a bookstore near you… January 15th, 2013 from Razorbill

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

9 comments:

  1. The funny thing is when I first saw that cover I loved it immediately. I guess I'm looking forward to this book so much I didn't even care :D Great pick!

    Here's my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on this series. I haven't read book two yet!

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read the first book, but I really want to! I'm not a fan of these new covers, but the blurb sounds great :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read the first book of the series, but I hope to do so soon!
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard amazing things about this series! I have the first book but I haven't read it yet. Should really get around to that... Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Across the Universe but I haven't gotten to the second in the trilogy yet. I'm glad to know that it met your expectations! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Across the Universe is such a great series! So upset they switched up those covers though. Awesome pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I can't wait to read this, but I'm also kinda sad that it's nearly over. I'm super excited, though!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only read the first, but I enjoyed it and want to finish the series one of these days and it is great to know that it ended awesomely.

    regards,
    marlene of Tillamook Hotels

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...