Monday, December 17, 2012

Basket of Goodies (23)

Inspired by In My Mailbox hosted by The Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
I’ve missed you!!! I’ve been a horrible reader, blogger, and all around book enthusiast this month. And it doesn’t help that this week I’ve been up to my elbows with little children while I did some holiday babysitting for my three aunts. But you don’t really care about that!
Received This Week
Won
Iron Hearted VioletThe Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
  • The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
  • The Elite by Kiera Cass!
Thanks Red Tree Literary & Stories and Sweeties!
NetGalley
Also Known AsGoing VintageRapunzel Untangled
  • Also Known As by Robin Benway
  • Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
  • Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett
Thanks Bloomsbury & Cedar Fort!
eBooks
Artemis Fowl Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1)Cold Kiss (Cold Kiss, #1)Witch Song (Witch Song, #1)
  • Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer
  • Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
  • Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
  • Witch Song by Amber Argyle
This small collection of eBooks has accumulated on my Amazon account from whenever they were up for grabs.
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  • Grimm’s Fairy Tales
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • Little Women by Louisa Alcott
  • Love and Friendship by Jane Austen
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
  • Andrew Lang’s Fairy Books
  • Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I spent some time this week finding various free classics to download.
And now you’re probably wondering why Debz has all these eBooks, when Debz likes to point out that she doesn’t have an eReader. Well, when Debz went to do all that babysitting this week, she was given an early Christmas present via her aunt who frequently gets free gifts from her work. Any guesses?
A KINDLE FIRE!!!
So far I’m loving it, even though long ago I vowed to never own an eReader. There are still things I can’t use it for (like writing blog posts!) but I definitely plan on using it a lot.

Blogged This Week
This has been a really light week, and with Christmas I can’t guarantee a whole lot of extra blogging, but I’m doing my best!

Read This Week
(more like three weeks)
The Scorpio Races
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
To Read
Snow Whyte and the Queen of MayhemLes Misérables
Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem by Melissa Lemon
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (I actually started this Friday, but as many readers know, it’s over a thousand pages so it might take me a while. But at the pace I’m going, I might just get it finished by Christmas!)
How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just added Repunzel and Also Known As to my GoodReads. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. I also want to read Going Vintage!

    Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm dying for THE ELITE and GOING VINTAGE! Luck you! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...