Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #16: REWIND! Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing

A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is supposed to be Favorite New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2012, but I couldn’t narrow it down at all, because over 2/3 of the books I’ve read this year were by new authors! Plus, I somehow forgot to post last week, so I’m going with last weeks topic: Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing!

AcrossTheUniverse-newcovers

10. Across the Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis

Is it too much to ask that Shades of Earth be released a month early? Plus I want a pretty matching set!

9. Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

I’m dying to read Insurgent, and in the mean time I don’t even own Divergent!

8. The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry

The Giver was a life-changing book, and with Son just being released and this gorgeous new cover design, I think it’s about time I owned all of them.

The Princess Bride The Sweetest SpellThe Hero's Guide to Saving Your KingdomTiger Lily

7. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Since I was four, this has been my favorite movie! And after literally years of searching for it, I haven’t been able to track it down! Maybe Santa can (:

6. The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors

I’ve been wanting to read this one for probably at least a year. I mean, it’s the ugly duckling only with teenage girls and chocolate cows. What’s not to love?

5. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy

Another one I’ve wanted all year! The name and cover together are creating in my brain a strange mix between Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, and Happily Never After. Sounds like fun, huh?

4. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

A dark prequel to Peter Pan that I don’t think I can’t wait much longer to read! It just sounds amazing, but not like the usual fluffy retelling you usually run into.

The Book Thief13455112images

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Random book I really want to read! For the longest time I didn’t even know what it was about, and although I usually tend to avoid depressing books, this is supposedly one of the best Young Adult books ever written, so, as a Young Adult, I should probably check it out.

2. Origin by Jessica Khoury

Do you know just how in love I am with this cover? I really really really want to read Origin. Probably more than almost any other book out right now.

1. Les Miserables Tickets!

Yep! I’m going to be one of those people who ditches their family on Christmas Day to go see Les Miserables! If Santa doesn’t bring me tickets, I’ll go get them myself!

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I have Across the Universe and Origin on my TBR list. Loved Divergent and Insurgent, and cannot wait for The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle due out in April. I really loved I am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak, I hope you check that one out some time. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the Princess Bride! My English teacher reads it with his Reading Lit class so I borrowed a copy. I don't know where he got them, he's been teaching for 30 years.
    Also, I LOVED The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom! It was absolutely hilarious, and really cute.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...