Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #7: The Elite by Kiera Cass


Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper
Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!
 
The Elite (The Selection, #2)

The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Why I Want It:

I know most people had some mixed thoughts on The Selection, but I actually really enjoyed it, despite it’s flaws. It had just the right mix of fantasy, irritating teenage girls, and messed up society. Plus I think I love that cover even more than the first cover!

Coming to a bookstore near you… April 23th 2013 from HarperTeen

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. Still have to read The Selection but def waiting on this one also.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Selection too and am looking forward to this book. Great pick. I love the color!

    Clean Teen Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Selection was not for me but I will still be checking this out.

    my WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one either. The Selection is still my favorite novel of 2012. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping to get The Selection for Christmas! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...