Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #8: The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen


Inspired by “Waiting on” Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine and Wishlist Wednesday hosted by Pen to Paper

Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!
 
The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)


 

A kingdom teetering on the brink of destruction. A king gone missing. Who will survive? Find out in the highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer A. Nielsen's blockbuster THE FALSE PRINCE!

Just weeks after Jaron has taken the throne, an assassination attempt forces him into a deadly situation. Rumors of a coming war are winding their way between the castle walls, and Jaron feels the pressure quietly mounting within Carthya. Soon, it becomes clear that deserting the kingdom may be his only hope of saving it. But the further Jaron is forced to run from his identity, the more he wonders if it is possible to go too far. Will he ever be able to return home again? Or will he have to sacrifice his own life in order to save his kingdom?

The stunning second installment of The Ascendance Trilogy takes readers on a roller-coaster ride of treason and murder, thrills and peril, as they journey with the Runaway King!

Why I Want It:

The False Prince was one of my favorite reads of 2012, and even though it could definitely stand by itself, the sequel sounds like it might be even better!

And guess what! Earlier this week a joint-review of the False Prince went up on the blog Bookshop Talk, done by none other than me and fellow-blogger Pica!

Coming to a bookstore near you… March 1st 2013 from Scholastic Press

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for The Runaway King! I loved the False Prince!! I really liked your review of it on Bookshop Talk, by the way.

    I can't wait to read more about Sage. March 1st, come faster!

    Pica @ Pica Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a copy of The False Prince from ARCylcing and I can not wait to read it! The sequel sounds just as good as the first.

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I still haven't read the False Prince, but i so NEED TO!

    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...