Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Ramblings

january

January has been tough for me. Life has somehow overwhelmed me and all I want to do most days is curl up in a blanket with an old movie. Not a book, though. I’ve been getting horrible reading headaches, so I can’t read for sittings longer than 30 minutes, and it sucks. And because of this my blog has run dry. I haven’t posted anything other than scheduled-a-month-ago memes in a while, and I haven’t tried to fix that.

But now it’s time for some good news! I’m getting my reading headaches under control (I’ve fallen in love with Advil), I’ve realized that I don’t really post discussions or other random posts (just memes and reviews) and plan to remedy that, I finally got my laptop back which has been broken for about 4 months which means more consistent posting,  and most importantly

image

(And no, I still won’t tell you how old I am :D)

I’ll be __fill in the blank__teen on the 11th, and plan on finding some way to celebrate (maybe in the form of free books?) I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.


readthismonthjan

16225157118700851340199311735983

  • Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • Dualed by Elsie Chapman
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Only four books! But you know what? I don’t mind, because they were all pretty great.

toreadnextmonthjan

1313266113043180157037701059435614759331103459371311599513455112

  • Also Known As by Robin Benway
  • Asunder by Jodi Meadows
  • The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen
  • Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
  • Override by Heather Anastasiu
  • Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Origin by Jessica Khoury

highlightsjan

13206760I listed my Top Ten (erm…12) Favorite Books of 2012, including books like The False Prince, Enchanted, Reached, A Million Suns, and Cinder!

I reviewed some amazing books including Splintered, the Fault in Our Stars, and Scarlet! 17155787

I wished for some exciting upcoming releases such as Mila 2.0, Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin, and Hero (sequel to Enchanted!!!)

I started up my brand new feature Fairy Tale Friday! So far discussing Glass Hills, Polar Bears, and the Big Bad Wolf.

How was your January?

6 comments:

  1. I know your age! Yoo're only as old as you think you are!

    Headaches from reading? I had th same thing until 10 days ago. Guess what, my left eye needed reading glasses. Right is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I hope you find a great way to celebrate!

    Sorry about the headaches! :(

    I just recently read Incarnate, so I will look forward to your thoughts on Asunder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to read Rapunzel Untangled because I love Tangled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until the 6th, when I may or may not be comparing the two using nothing but Tangled GIFs.

      Delete
  4. Aw, so sorry about your reading headaches. I hope they get better.

    Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I hope your headaches get better, and yay for getting your laptop fixed! I hope you have a fantastic February! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...