Monday, January 7, 2013

Magical Monday (24)

Received This Week (um… 2 weeks)
I just realized that I never showed off my Christmas Book Haul, so we’ll be including everything from the past two weeks (mostly because I got nothing this week).
Christmas
The Sweetest SpellOriginShadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Les MisérablesLes Miserables
  • The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors!
  • Origin by Jessica Khoury!
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo!
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (the physical book is enormous!)
  • Les Miserables Piano/Vocal Sheet Music
Umm…and I also got Les Miserables Movie and Theater tickets. Do you understand my obsession yet?
And in non-book related news, I got hair clips and peanut butter. My family is great at picking out presents, huh?
Purchased
(while out doing Christmas Shopping)
Thirteen Reasons Why
Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher

Blogged This Week

Read This Week
Rapunzel UntangledThe Fault in Our Stars
Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
To Read
Dualed (Dualed, #1)Snow Whyte and the Queen of MayhemJane Eyre
Dualed by Elsie Chapman
Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem by Melissa Lemon
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Exciting! I almost bought Shadow and Bone about 5 times while shopping with Christmas money, but I never actually did. I think I'm realizing I'm a poor person who needs to buy paperbacks. :p

    I also really want to read The Sweetest Spell, but I now have a friend from whom I can borrow it. :D

    I can't say I'm excited about the peanut butter. I very much dislike peanuts! But I'm happy for you, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as a sign I need to work on my sarcasm, because I really don't like peanut butter. Plus I essentially picked out the books myself by giving them a very short wishlist to choose from.

      I hope you get around to Shadow and Bone and The Sweetest Spell since I've heard they're both really great. I guess I'll have to check them out and let you know what I think!

      Delete
    2. I think I picked up on your hint that peanut butter might not be the best thing to give as a gift, but I assumed since you had been given it you at least liked it. But I suppose that could mean nothing since my mother is always trying to give me foods with peanut butter in them, too, despite my hatred of them. Childhood, when everyone forces peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on you because they're an easy lunch, was awful. :p But I liked to market my dislike as a positive thing. You know, I'm a perfectly safe acquaintance for people with allergies!

      Delete
    3. I think it's because about four years ago I loved Reese's like crazy, and so they would always make sure I had Reese's. They even went so far as to give me a bunch of Reese's brand stuff a few Christmases ago. But recently I've begun to develop a distaste for peanut butter in general. They missed the memo, I guess.

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...