Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 10 (erm…12) Books of 2012

I swear I posted this yesterday, but I guess blogger was being stupid. Anyway, I thought since it’s the end of the year (or I guess beginning now) I thought I should probably get around to coming up with some kind of Top Ten list. But then I saw how impossible that is! I read so many outstanding books this year, it was almost impossible to choose!

First we’ll start off with the honorable mentions:

Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1)EntwinedPandemonium (Delirium, #2)Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)The Selection (The Selection, #1)

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

The Selection by Kiera Cass

10. Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)

This was a wonderful close to a beautiful series of fairy tales. Jessica Day George is one of my favorite authors, and has never failed to impress me with her magic!

Read the rest of my review!

9. Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott

Shadows on the Moon

This is probably one of the darkest Cinderella retellings out there. That being said, it’s also one of the best. The emotional journey that Suzume goes through is astounding. She starts out as a timid girl and grows to be a strong young woman.

Read the rest of my review!

8. Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

Palace of Stone (Princess Academy #2)

How can I find words to describe my adoration for this book? It was completely perfect! I fell in love with Shannon Hale’s writing in a whole new way. In so many ways it was almost better than Princess Academy. It was wonderful getting a chance to check up on my old friends from Mount Eskel.

Read the rest of my review!

7. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)

This is a book anyone could easily fall in love with. It has a marvelous setting, real characters, and excellent prose, which all together create an unforgettable story.

Read the rest of my review!

6. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Between Shades of Gray

The writing was so beautiful. It gave Lina a strong voice, and was full of such detailed descriptions. Even with a setting as harsh and horrible as this one, she found a way to add beauty to the most simple things.

Read the rest of my review!

5. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)

The pacing was perfect. Nothing moved too quickly, but there was always an air of mystery and suspense about the place. Even after everything was revealed, there was still much to be discovered, and I found myself surprised every so often.

Read the rest of my review!

4. Across the Universe & A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

The whole universe within Godspeed was so strange. It seems so close, and yet so far from what we know of Earth today. It had all the same things we have here, but they've evolved away from the rest of humanity into something utterly unique and kind of creepy. 

Read the rest of my ACROSS THE UNIVERSE review!

Read the rest of my A MILLION SUNS review!

3. Reached by Ally Condie

Reached (Matched, #3)

I could've finished this in mere hours, but instead I chose to savor each and every word. It’s very likely that this book presented prose more beautiful than that of either Matched or Crossed. It was rich and decadent. It was just gorgeous.

Read the rest of my review!

2. Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

Enchanted (Woodcutter Series, #1)

Charming, Magical, Delightful, Enchanting! That just about sums up this book. It’s easily one of my all-time favorite books. It’s the ultimate mash-up of almost every fairy tale you’ve ever heard of, and then some!

Read the rest of my review!

1. Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)

I would recommend this book to ANYONE in a heartbeat! It's a fairy tale for the girly girls, with a strong willed cyborg heroine for the not-so-girly girls, and it's got robots and mind-controlling moon people for all the boys!

Read the rest of my CINDER review!

Look for my SCARLET review in the next few days (:

What are your favorite books of 2012?

4 comments:

  1. I really, really want to read Palace of Stone because I adore Shannon Hale and all her books. So glad you loved it!

    I've heard a Million Suns is excellent as well as The False Prince. Great list! You make me want to tackle my to-read pile!

    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Entwined the other day, and I LOVED it! It was so beautiful! I've also read Pandemonium, Incarnate, The Selection, The False Prince, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Enchanted, and Cinder. I liked all of them, but Incarnate made my top 2 books of the year! Great list! The other books you mentioned I added to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see that Cinder and Scarlet made the top of your list, as I received Cinder for Christmas and used a gift card to pre-order Scarlet! I'm really looking forward to reading both of them! :)

    Princess of the Silver Woods was a fun read. :) And Entwined - oh, I LOVED that book! It made the top of my favorites list this year!

    Happy reading in the new year!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had the chance to read any of these books yet. And it's the first time I've seen Shadows on the Moon, it sounds good and I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...