Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Design + Updates!

In case you haven’t noticed, I haven’t posted much at all this week. Well, besides the fact that I’m sleep deprived, fighting off strep, and have an essay to write on the negative effects of technology (like sleep deprivation), the reason I’ve been AWOL is that I’ve been working on a new design!

All I really wanted to do was give it a fresh coat of paint. I liked it the way it was, but it needed some brightening up! I was planning on going for an almost periwinkle kind of color, but in the process of picking the perfect periwinkle, I accidently ran into the prettiest shade of pink!

I also updated my header to include some new additions to “Debz Bookshelf”, and a new font to freshen things up. I’d originally planned on using a better quality image of my pretty books, but after taking about 100 pictures nearly all of them were deleted accidentally, and my sister won’t lend me her camera again.

I also moved the sidebar over to the left, changed the title/sidebar font, updated my button to match the header, and gave in and added “Team” stickers (at the very bottom).

BEFORE

before

AFTER

after

What do you think?


And as far as updates go, they mostly concern those things we love to hate and hate to love all at once—memes. Up until this point I’ve “officially” done:

  • Magical Monday (book haul)
  • Top Ten Tuesday
  • Wishing on Wednesday
  • Fairy Tale Friday (more of a feature than a meme, but you get my point)

But if you actually check, the only one I’ve done lately is Wishing on Wednesday. So I’m changing things up a bit! The reason I started book hauling on Monday was because Sunday’s weren’t good for me. Turns out Monday’s are worse. So now I’m switching to STACKING the SHELVES on Saturday!

I’ll only be doing Top Ten Tuesday occasionally, when the mood strikes me, instead of stressing about it every week.

For now I’ll keep doing Wishing on Wednesday because that’s something that I can easily schedule ahead of time, and it’s fun, (and it brings in some traffic, which is never a bad thing).

Fairy Tale Friday initially started out as something exciting for introducing everyone to new fairy tales, but then I kept stressing over which fairy tales to pick, should I do weekly themes, how do I keep track of what I’ve read, etc… So now I’ll be doing it a bit differently. From now on I’ll be featuring one fairy tale each week, and occasionally several similar fairy tales with a shared theme. There will also be a weekly poll for YOU to vote on which fairy tale you’d like next. I’m hoping this will work out better.

Fingers crossed!

7 comments:

  1. I like the poll idea and the theme thing. I love the new design. You have really got me into fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I liked the purple better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to miss the purple. I might change it back if the loss of purple becomes overwhelming, but for now I'm gonna give it a chance.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, very pretty! :) It's always fun to change up a bit. I love the fairytale meme, so I can't wait to see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I really like this new design! Getting a redesign is always just SO exciting isn't it? :) I love it so much! *happy sighs*

    Your blog is looking awesome though and I do agree! This pink is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What is the font on the sidebar titles?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...