Friday, February 22, 2013

Stacking the Shelves!

    StS

    Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

    This week was supposed to be the one where I caught up on all my reading and reviews, but then I got really sick and could do nothing but lie in bed all day. At least I got some great new books to look forward to once I don’t feel so crappy!

    Received This Week

    130431809284655108611951345578214830774158145001474159877413251581420213517444124116351599195913602969

    Purchased

    Asunder by Jodi Meadows (!!!)
    Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck

    Library

    Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (audiobook)
    Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (audiobook)

    NetGalley

    The Look by Sophia Bennett
    Frogged by Vivian Vande Velde
    That Time I Joined the Circus J. J. Howard
    Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
    A Touch of Scarlet by Eve Marie Mont
    Stung by Bethany Wiggins
    The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
    Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George

    A big thanks to Chicken House, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic, Harlequin UK, Kensington, Bloomsbury, and Tor!

    ???

    Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson

    I don’t know how I came to acquire this one, since I didn’t request it or win it, and I’m not one who regularly receives unsolicited books, but it’s mine!


    Blogged This Week (Well, two weeks)

    Sign ups for the second Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon opened last Tuesday
    Last Wednesday I wished for Requiem by Lauren Oliver
    I reviewed the thrilling debut novel Dualed by Elsie Chapman last Thursday
    I wished for the novel Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland on Wednesday
    I also unveiled my new (and very pink) design on Wednesday
    And yesterday Fairy Tale Friday got postponed due to an unexpected ER visit


      Read This Week

      1086119513455782

      Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (audiobook)
      Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (audiobook)

      I recently discovered that the library in the city next to mine has a huge selection of YA audio and ebooks, and so I’ve started getting into audiobooks, which are great at keeping a bedridden bookworm company (:

      To Read

      130431801059435611043618

      Asunder by Jodi Meadows
      Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
      What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang

      How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

    22 comments:

    1. I hope you feel better!

      It looks as if you have a lot of great books. I still haven't read Tuesdays at the Castle, so I can't believe there's a sequel coming out soon!

      I really enjoyed What's Left of Me, more than I expected. I hope you do, too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know! I thought that the sequel was coming in the Fall, and then I saw that it releases in May! You should hurry up and read it!

        I'm looking forward to What's Left of Me. I'm glad to hear you liked it!

        Delete
    2. Aw, get better soon! Great haul of books this week! I still need to read Asunder. And I've been dying to read A Touch of Scarlet. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. That Time I Joined the Circus sounds pretty cool! I read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares and I really liked it! Hope you enjoy all your new reads <3!
      -heather [my stack]

      ReplyDelete
    4. Going Vintage looks so good! And I really loved Dash & Lily's Book of Dares! Hope you enjoy all you got :)

      Here's my STS!

      ReplyDelete
    5. NOOO D: I'm sorry to hear you're sick! I hope you're tons better by now! Asunder's cover is just SO SPANKING BEAUTIFUL.

      Even if I hated the first book I want to own it JUST TO PET THE PRETTY COVER.

      I hope you enjoy all your books! The Nightmare Affair looks absolutely awesome! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know! The cover is gorgeous. I was looking forward to stroking the beautiful cover, but when it showed up I was sad to see the title isn't...what's the word...bumpy/raised/strokable? Y'know what I mean. The cover's completely flat ):

        I'm looking forward to The Nightmare Affair!

        Delete
    6. It seems like a lot of people are sick this week. Me too. Great haul of books. Asunder definitely has the prettiest cover.

      Come visit me if you can.

      Grace

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow, great stack of books this week! I am really looking forward to That Time I Joined the Circus - sounds so different and really good! And I need to get Going Vintage for the cover alone, lol! It's adorable! Can't wait!
      Enjoy your new reads :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. I'm about to read Asunder and A Touch of Scarlet. I can't wait to read both of those. And the rest of the books you mentioned are all ones I'm dying to read. Seriously great haul. And yes, I love the cover of basically all of these, especially the one for Going Vintage.

      I'm a new linky follower.

      Here's my book haul.

      ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

      ReplyDelete
    9. SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS!! There's a lot I really want to read, a lot I've read and LOVED, and a few I've never heard of. Hopefully you enjoy them.

      Bec @ Ransom Reads

      ReplyDelete
    10. Shatter Me and Dash and Lily! <333 Love both of those! You received some really great books. I hope you enjoy them all! :)

      My Book Haul

      ReplyDelete
    11. Yay for Asunder! I really enjoyed this sequel, maybe not quite as much as the first, but it was still awesome! Looking forward to reading the Nightmare Affair!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Oh wow, amazing haul! I'd love to get Mafi's books myself, people like them a lot.

      Happy reading!
      My books.

      ReplyDelete
    13. My sister read Stung and absolutely LOVED it! I'm also dying to read Asunder. Great haul this week! Happy Reading :D

      ReplyDelete
    14. Aw, I didnt get approved for The Nightmare Affair! :( I've read Dash & Lily's though, and it was good :)
      Stacking the Shelves
      Review: Dare You To

      ReplyDelete
    15. Level 2, The Look, and The Nightmare Affair, wow! And I hope you enjoy Shatter Me and Dash & Lily's - those are two of my favorites <3

      Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

      - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wow. Brilliant Haul.

      I got a copy of Level 2 myself yesterday.

      I really enjoyed Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, and I really hope you do.

      Your post has prompted me to put That Time I Joined The Circus on to my Wish List, so thank you.

      Enjoy your reads.

      Please check out my haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/showcase-sundayletterbox-lovestacking-the-shelvesbought-borrowed-bagged/

      ReplyDelete
    17. Loved Shatter Me! If you enjoyed SM, you have to read Destroy Me and then of course Unravel Me which I am reading now and it's amazeballs so far. I also ADORED The Nightmare Affair, MC Dusty is super awesome. I still have to read Incarnate but I have that and Asunder and all the four books in the Tiger series waiting on my TBR pile. Anywaaay, you got a great haul! I hope you enjoy all the books you've got here!! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by! :) xx

      ReplyDelete
    18. I loved Asunder, and The Nightmare Affair is really cute.

      Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

      ReplyDelete
    19. Get well soon!

      I can't wait to read Fox Forever, Level 2, Stung & Tiger's curse. Happy reading Debby :)

      Mel@thedailyprophecy.

      ReplyDelete

    I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

    This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...