Monday, March 25, 2013

Bloggiesta Finish Line

Bloggiesta-Finish-Line3

What did I complete during Bloggiesta? Not quite what I wanted to…

My original list:

  • Schedule FTF’s and WOW’s for the next month –I don’t think they’re all “officially” scheduled yet, but I have them all written up and ready! Now I just need to work on Fairy Tale Friday.
  • Brainstorm/draft discussion postsI came up with some new ideas, and after getting a lot of questions about design/code stuff during bloggiesta, I’m planning on possibly doing a series of tips and tricks!
  • Email authors interview questions— (well, I came up with interview questions!)
  • Cross-post reviews to Goodreads and AmazonAnd I’m getting ready to add them to B&N thanks to Rebecca @ Love at First Book’s suggestion!
  • Figure out how Feedly worksI’ve added categories, customized my view, and happily discovered that GFC will work with Feedly. This might be because it’s going through Google Reader, but for now I’m happy (:
  • Get posts ready for Fairy Tale Fortnight (super excited!)I got a few ready, but I still have a lot to do!
  • COMMENT EVERYWHERE!
  • Catch up on reviews

What I ended up spending 90% of my time doing:

  • Clear out sidebars—after all you awesome people did my mini-challenge, I realized just how much I needed to clear out MY sidebars! I turned this:

4[4]

into this:

image

Much more manageable, I think! I added my favorite blogs and series banners to my new “Favorites” page, and put some small things in the footer.

  • Make a drop-down navigation menu—You may have noticed that I don’t have a menu. That’s because I spent HOURS looking for some kind of tutorial, as I’m not a JavaScript expert. Unfortunately, the only thing Google was able to find for me was this: I finally found a tutorial, but they kind of almost killed my blog, bloggerso I had to throw it out the window. Maybe I’ll save that task for next Bloggiesta (:

What did you guys do? Did you reach your goals?

4 comments:

  1. Great job!! god luck with the remaining things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! I love participating in Bloggiesta's at least get some of my to-do's off my list and glad to know I'm not the only one with a list that is a MILE long! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot done! Good job! I'm glad we got to connect a little this weekend! Keep up the amazing and fun blog stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a productive Bloggiesta! Bummer on the drop-down menu and I have no help. The one I have on my blog was just one of the options Word Press gave me.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...