Monday, March 11, 2013

Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge

Guess what you guys? I’m hosting the mini-challenge today! We had some last-minute issues surrounding the mini-challenge today, so I’m here to fill in.

Something you may not know about me is that I am a lover of Mad Libs. But something I don’t think I’ve ever seen before is a fairy tale Mad Lib. So I made some! I took three well known fairy tales, and Mad-Libbed them up. Below I’ve linked to them, but here’s the catch: I won’t tell you what they are. You’re going into them completely blind, and will have to wait until you’ve filled in the blanks before finding out what they are (or maybe not, depending on how you filled it it).

Now, I tried to get it so you’d only have to fill things in once, but that didn’t work out (I literally spent hours trying to fixing it, but the website didn’t like me) so I have things numbered. Like, if it says “Noun 1” 3 different times, you’re supposed to fill it in with the same noun every single time. Of course, you could choose not to…

So basically your challenge is to fill in the Mad-Lib, have a chuckle, and post it on your blog (or you could just leave a comment, but they’re kind of long). Or if you want, you can do all three!

Fairy Tale #1

Fairy Tale #2

Fairy Tale #3

Link up your posts below:

2 comments:

  1. Love this challenge! I always bought the Mad Libs books as a child and wrote in pencil so that I could erase them and do them over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Dust, who saw her all in tears, asked her what was the matter.
    "I wish I could -- I wish I could -- "; she was not able to speak the rest, being interrupted by her tears and sobbing.
    This Dust of hers, who was a fairy, said to her, "Thou wishest thou couldst go to the Read-a-thon; is it not so?"
    "Yes," cried Poopella, with a great sigh.
    "Well," said her Dust, "be but a beautiful girl, and I will contrive that thou shalt go." Then she took her into her chamber, and said to her, "Run into the garden, and bring me a Carrot."
    Poopella went immediately to gather the finest she could get, and brought it to her Dust, not being able to imagine how this tomato could make her go to the read-a-thon. Her Dust scooped out all the inside of it, having left nothing but the rind; which done, she struck it with her pillow, and the cauliflower was instantly turned into a fine coach, gilded all over with diamonds.

    ---
    Cinderella of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...