Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wishing on Wednesday (19) Poison by Bridget Zinn

wishing Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!

8113512


 

Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she’s the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.

But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart . . . misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king’s army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she’s not alone. She’s armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can’t stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she’s certainly no damsel-in-distress—she’s the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.

Why I Want It:

I saw this cover a long time ago and instantly knew I would love it. So then I read the synopsis which sounded even more perfect than I previously thought possible. So then I found the author’s website, and was confused as to why the most recent posts on her blog were done by her husband. As I read I started crying. She died of colon cancer in 2011. I then found out more about her and it sounds like she was an amazing person. It’s so sad that she’ll never be able to see her book published, but at least she’s in a better place and her dream is coming true!

Coming to a bookstore near you… March 12th from Disney Hyperion

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for this one! I have an ARC, so I should be reading it fairly soon.

    I also just recently found out that the author has passed away (actually I think it was from you tweeting), but I'm glad her book is being published. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover as well, and I am waiting for it too! I added it to my to read list as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad! I've been excited about this book, but I had no idea about the author. I'm glad her book is coming out, though, and that there's so much hype around it. I hope that's a comfort to her family.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...