Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wishing on Wednesday (21) Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce

wishing
Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!

16039122
Kai and Ginny grew up together–best friends since they could toddle around their building’s rooftop rose garden. Now they’re seventeen, and their relationship has developed into something sweeter, complete with stolen kisses and plans to someday run away together.
But one night, Kai disappears with a mysterious stranger named Mora–a beautiful girl with a dark past and a heart of ice. Refusing to be cast aside, Ginny goes after them and is thrust into a world she never imagined, one filled with monsters and thieves and the idea that love is not enough.
If Ginny and Kai survive the journey, will she still be the girl he loved–and moreover, will she still be the girl who loved him?
Jackson Pearce, author of the acclaimed SISTERS RED and FATHOMLESS, has returned with a unique vision of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen,” one about power and redemption, failure and hope, and the true meaning of strength.
Why I Want It:
I want this book so badly right now! The Snow Queen is one of my all-time favorite fairy tales, and Jackson Pearce is an amazing author (especially when it comes to retelling fairy tales). This seems like the perfect book to read with a cup of cocoa in hand. Just the title sends chills down my back.
Coming to a bookstore near you… November 5th 2013 from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (just in time for snow!)
What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds awesome, haven't read any Jackson Pearce but I do have Sisters Red and Sweetly waiting on my TBR shelf :D I love fairytale retellings and it looks like 'The Snow Queen' is the next big thing with this book and the 2014 Disney movie :)

    great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...