Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wishing on Wednesday (22) The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson

wishing

Wishing on Wednesday is a weekly meme to feature recent and upcoming releases that I’m wishing for!


16055662

Jane Nickerson's second novel, also set in the "Strands" world, is based on the Scottish 'Ballad of Tam Lin,' and is set in Mississippi during the Civil War. Violet Dancey, a 17-year-old whose father has left to fight in the Civil War, is forced to confront Thomas, a hurt Union solider near her home. She must decide how to approach the enemy--and how to deal with her growing attraction to him.

Why I Want It:

Strands of Bronze and Gold was kind of amazing, and so of course I’m going to read it’s companion novel! It’s apparently based on “The Ballad of Tam Lin”, a story I’m not familiar with—sounds like another Fairy Tale Friday waiting to happen!

Coming to a bookstore near you… Spring 2014 from Random House

What are you Wishing for this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Deb I need to stop reading your blog you recommend so many amazing books. Here's another one to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...