Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Ramblings

april

April was awesome! I got some good reading done, was able to manage my blog fairly well, and found some more balance in my real life, which is something I’ve been in need of.

I didn’t get all the reviews I needed to write written, unfortunately. I kept on top of blog tours, but that’s about it. I still have reviews from February to write! I’ll definitely be making reviews a priority in May!

readthismonthapr

A Kiss in TImeStungA Long, Long SleepEliteAdoration of Jenna FoxFox InheritanceFox ForeverScary Tales13-Story Treehouse (2)Wednesdays in the Towergreat gatsby (2)Mila 2.0Sweetest Spell

I guess my crossed fingers worked! I read quite a few books, and can proudly say that I’m no longer falling behind on my Goodreads goal! I hope I can keep this up, though the next month looks to be pretty busy.

*Crosses toes as not to push it with fingers*

toreadnextmonthapr

Of TritonBook of Broken HeartsMaid of SecretsShadow and BonePersuasionLexapros and Cons
The Nightmare AffairThat Time I Joined the Circusisland of dr. moreauOriginThe Rose Throne

My goal isn’t quite as high as last month, so hopefully I’ll be able to reach it with ease.

readingchallengesapr

Standalone Reading Challenge

Debut Author Challenge
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

Sequel Challenge
The Elite by Kiera Cass
The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson
Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George
Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson

Book to Movie Challenge
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
(The movie hasn’t come out yet, but I’m planning on seeing it!)

Dystopia Challenge
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
Stung by Bethany Wiggins
The Elite by Kiera Cass
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson
Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson

TBR Pile Challenge
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

End of the Series Challenge
Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson

Fairy Tales Retold Challenge
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan (Sleeping Beauty)
Stung by Bethany Wiggins (Sleeping Beauty)
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (Sleeping Beauty)
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors (The Ugly Duckling)

NetGalley
Stung by Bethany Wiggins

Classic Double

An overall productive month in the way of challenges, but it seems I need to find some good classics (and retellings!) and standalones.

highlightsapr

I’ve reviewed some fun books like Going Vintage, Stung, 13-Story Treehouse, and Mila 2.0.

I wished for some cool books like Sleeping Beauty’s Daughter, The School for Good and Evil, and Transparent.

I celebrated my 2-year BLOGOVERSARY and took a look at how the past year has been.

I participated in The Book Monsters Read and Review-a-Thon and had lots of fun.

I didn’t blog about it, but I saw Les Miserables on stage and it was outstanding. Next month I think I’ll do a Week of Les Miserables after I’ve finished the book (2/3’s of the way there!)

I FINALLY added a drop-down menu to my blog, and with that came a lot of new pages like About the Blog, Fairy Tale Review Archive, and a lot more!

How was your April? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. You have done so much reading. I really want to read A Long Long Sleep. I'm currently reading my first book by Alex Flinn, Breathing Underwater and it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the only Alex Flinn books I haven't read, strangely enough! I've covered all her fairy tales, though. It sounds really good, though. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhh, Shadow and bone! I wish you a looooot of fun with that book. I absolutely loved it :) and I hope to read Origin soon, because it sounds amazing!

    I'm happy to hear you've found balance in your real life this month. I always love April (my birthday and Queen's day :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for Shadow and Bone! It sounds sooo good!

      Happy Birthday and Queen's Day! My mom lived in the Netherlands before college and was telling me all about it. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. Hey Debz! So, I've been looking for some good fairytale retellings, and figured you were the person to come to. :) Do you know of any good Snow White retellings?

    ~Lynette @ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I actually can't think of many! Fairest by Gail Carson Levine is really good. My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison features both Snow White and Cinderella. Snow in Summer by Jane Yolen, Snow Whyte and the Queen of Mayhem, and Snow by Tracy Lynn are a handful of others, but I either didn't enjoy them or didn't even finish them, so I can't really recommend them. I'm sure there a a few I'm forgetting. You can browse around my Fairy Tale shelf on Goodreads and you'll probably find something.

      Let me know what you decide to read!

      Delete
  4. I hope you like Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...