Thursday, April 18, 2013

{Blog Tour} Book Review: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

blog tour 

Mila 2.0

 

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: March 12th, 2013
Genre: Sci-Fi Thriller
Source: eBook for Blog Tour
Challenge(s): Debut Author

Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence.

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza’s bold debut and the first book in a Bourne Identity-style trilogy that combines heart-pounding action with a riveting exploration of what it really means to be human. Fans of I Am Number Four will love Mila for who she is and what she longs to be—and a cliffhanger ending will leave them breathlessly awaiting the sequel.

Mila 2.0 was exhilarating! It send my head spinning in so many directions that by the time I was finished I couldn’t tell which way was up! It was loaded with kick-butt action and a thrilling plot, but also raises some very real questions that make you think.

The book starts as you’d expect any normal story about any normal girl would, but soon Mila’s world is turned on its head when she finds out she isn’t human. Instead, she’s a secret military project who has to hide from all those weirdo’s who are trying to catch her and do who-knows-what. So Mila and her “mom” run. And thus beings an adventure of a lifetime!

Mila was a wonderful main character. She starts out kind of confused and alone, but still sure of who she is. After she finds out she isn’t human, though, she really doesn’t know what in the world to think. She was easily relatable and I was able to warm up to her quickly. There was a lot of internal conflict as Mila tries to understand who and what she is. What makes you human? Is it all physical and no emotional? That’s exactly what Mila’s trying to figure out. This and everything else she goes through adds a lot to her complexity and development throughout the book.

I loved that Mila was at the forefront of the novel. Sure there’s romance and action, but Mila herself is the center of attention and everything else comes second, only there when it’s playing an important role in the plot. I think less and less we’re seeing books that are so clearly character driven, so I appreciated that.

Mila 2.0 was an outstanding debut with a promising future!

recommendationsCinderAdoration of Jenna FoxDualed
A Little Smudge Rating--Mild Mature Content Questionable language, creepy scientific stuff

Amazon     Author website     Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this series at all! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...