Friday, April 26, 2013

Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Starting Line

24read_lighter

I signed up for this a while ago, assuming that I’d be completely free during the event. Turns out I’m going to be sitting in the back of a small car for approximately 6 hours, and running around DC with cousins I’ve never met before for the rest of the time. But I will make this work.

After a 4 month pause, I’m actively reading Les Miserables again, but I think that I’ll take a break, because 700 pages of deep, complex, beautiful and very small text isn’t the best choice for something like this.

Instead I’m hoping to read 2-3 books. When I have peace and quiet (ha!) I can read up to 5 pages a minute, so theoretically I could read a 300 page book in an hour, but I have a feeling that won’t be happening. Despite the fact that I’m only planning on 2-3 books, I can’t seem to narrow it down! Here’s a handful of the stuff I’m considering:

Frog PrincessFroggedPygmalionOf PoseidonOf Triton34268Tiger LilyPersuasionWhatever After 1The Nightmare AffairOf Mice and MenInsomniaProphecyPhantom of the OperaThat Time I Joined the Circus

The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker
Frogged by Vivian Vande Velde
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (reread)
Of Triton by Anna Banks
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Whatever After: Fairest of All by Sarah Mlynowski
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
Prophecy by Ellen Oh
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
That Time I Joined the Circus

I’ve got a good mix of classics, review books, and fun reads to choose from, I just don’t know what kind of mood I’ll be in. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see! And if all else fails, there’s always Les Miserables (:

I won’t be updating here, but I will be updating on Goodreads and/or Twitter when I have the chance with the horribly generic #readathon.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great stack of books! Hope you get lots of reading done during your busy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read The nightmare affair for a while, I will be looking forward your review! Enjoy the day :)
    A Girl that Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your books look so amazing Debz I would want to read them all also. Out of you list I have read Peter Pan which was amazing. I am currently reading Tiger Lily and loving it. I had to read Of Mice and Men for school and didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some good choices there! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good stack! Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many choices! And how smart of you to just use Twitter or goodreads so you are away from the computer and actually reading. I'm off to see on Twitter what you are reading and/or finished. :) Lots of great choices to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are enjoying your day. wow, 5 pages a minute, you'll have a super productive day. Persuasion is one of my favorite classics and nice and short. I love the covers of Poseidon and Triton and look forward to seeing what you think. I love the mix of classics and fiction you have. Keep up the great work, I'm a first time participant and focusing on cheering on other book lovers. Here's my Dewey's Read-a-thon post if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you have some great books to choose from. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're nearly 2/3 of the way there! Keep up the great job!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. It literally, seriously takes me an hour to read 70 pages. Oh my gosh I am a TURTLE! You have some awesome titles! I got Insomnia, Of Poseidon, Of Triton, and That Time I Joined the Circus too! Happy reading!

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  11. The amount of information in here is stunning, like you practically wrote the book on the subject. Your blog is great for anyone who wants to understand this subject more.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...