Monday, April 1, 2013

March Ramblings

march

Happy April Fools, everybody!

While you all were busy with March Madness, I was busy with Fairy Tale Madness! I’ve been reading fairy tales nonstop, and I’m ready for more. My life was absolutely crazy this month, but not overwhelming, surprisingly. Earlier this month I was “officially” diagnosed with insomnia, but I’ve been able to manage it with lots of mint tea and melatonin (:

As far as blogging goes, I’d like to think I’ve been productive this month. The Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon was a success, then I was going crazy with Bloggiesta, and then Fairy Tale Fortnight. That schedule I was talking about last month has been helpful, though I haven’t done the best job at following it. Next month when things have calmed down a bit I should fall into a regular pattern that will (hopefully) stick!

readthismonthmar

13043180157263051059435610429082137213411268099811693075

Asunder by Jodi Meadows
Neverfall by Brodi Ashton (novella)
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
30% of Eve by Anna Carey (audiobook)—DNF!
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Cloaked by Alex Flinn

I didn’t get nearly as much reading done as I would’ve liked, but I really enjoyed everything I read (aside from Eve, but technically I was listening)

toreadnextmonthmar

102223621298800414748094158432811226060815991959

Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
The Elite by Kiera Cass
That Time I Joined the Circus by J. J. Howard
Insomnia by J. R. Johansson
Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George

I’m trying to set more realistic goals this month, but my fingers are crossed that I’ll be able to read a lot more!
readingchallengesmar

Standalone Reading Challenge
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Debut Author Challenge
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson

Sequel Challenge
Asunder by Jodi Meadows

Book to Movie Challenge

Dystopia Challenge
Eve by Anna Carey (DNF!)

TBR Pile Challenge
Cloaked by Alex Flinn

End of the Series Challenge

Fairy Tales Retold Challenge
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Cloaked by Alex Flinn

NetGalley
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson

Classic Double

highlightsmar

We had the Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon, which was non-stop fun!

Bloggiesta was a blast! I fixed up my blog some and even hosted a mini-challenge!

I reviewed some fabulous books like The Runaway King, Strands of Bronze and Gold, and Also Known As!

And then it was Fairy Tale Fortnight, which has been fantastic so far!

And Fairy Tale Friday finally started up again, this time featuring Bluebeard!

How was your March?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great reading month. Sorry to hear you are struggling with insomnia but I hope its good to get an "official" diagnosis and you are managing it well. Hope April is as productive for you. Here's my weekly wrap up if you want to stop by http://momssmallvictories.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-april-1-2013/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...