Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (21) Light & Fun Reads

A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

Hey look! I’m back! I’ve missed doing this meme, and finally my life is calmer down a bit, so I have time to pick it up again!

This weeks topic is books for when you’re craving something light and fun!

Of PoseidonParanormalcyDon't Expect Magic

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Ohmysweetgoodness this book is awesome! It’s the perfect beach read! Besides being about freakin’ mermaids, it’s short and fun. You’re guaranteed to enjoy it. And there are hot mermen, if I haven’t convinced you.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
What can I say about this book? It’s full of clever humor and romance (which keeps getting better (and funnier) in the other books) that will make you snort and swoon all at once!

Don’t Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough
What would you do if you were a rebellious teen and just found out that your celebrity-therapist of a dad is a fairy godmother? It’s a recipe for ridiculous!

tuesdays at the castleCloakedselectionMy Fair Godmother

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
When I first heard about this, it was being pitched as Hogwarts meets Home Alone, and I was sold. It’s exciting and funny, and a perfect Middle-Grade fantasy!

Cloaked by Alex Flinn (or anything else by Alex Flinn)
Alex Flinn writes books that are a good mix between light and dark. They have good lessons in them, but also lots of crazy fun. Cloaked, I think, is a perfect example of that.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
This book is exactly like The Hunger Games…except that there’s no death. And there are poofy dresses everywhere. And the closest you come to a dystopian government is a caste system and no history books. This is one you’ll either love or hate, but there’s no denying that there’s some sweet drama!

My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison (well, anything by Janette Rallison)
I love Janette Rallison so so so much! Her books are the definition of fluff. But not in a bad way. They’re perfect for cheering you up and feeling grateful for your problems, which are nothing compared to what her characters face!

Heist SocietyAlso Known AsGoing Vintage

Heist Society by Ally Carter
This is a kick-butt spy story that’s a good mix of fluff and deep-ish stuff. But for the most part it’s just non-stop fun!

Also Known As by Robin Benway
Exactly the same as above! Also Known As has all the fun and espionage of Heist Society, but in a different light.

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
What happens when a stubborn girl who’s sick of technology decides to live like its 1962? A whole lot of crazy! I was laughing like crazy as I read this, but it also has a couple good, deeper bits as well.

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved The Selection and Going Vintage! And I really want to read Of Poseidon, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Of Poseidon and Paranormalcy too! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Paranormalcy is a great book for a quick, fun read :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read many of these book including Cloaked, Tuesdays, and My Fair Godmother.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-books-to-read-when-you-need.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your list! I really enjoyed Kiersten White's Mind Games so I really want to go back through and read Paranormalacy. Of course The Selection is an amazing read. Great list!!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, you've got some really fun picks here! I love Rallison and TUESDAYS AT THE CASTLE is super cute. PARANORMALCY is a nice, light read, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see Heist Society pop up everywhere this week! I was planning to read the first three book in either May or June and am getting more and more excited :) As for The Selection, I totally agree. I just finished The Elite and while I don't find these books absolutely amazing they are different enough to be entertaining but light enough to be quick reads :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...