Monday, June 24, 2013

Farewell (for now)

**This is not the most perfectly well thought out post in the world. This is just what's been on my mind as of late.**

No progress has been made towards getting my laptop fixed, so I'm still kind of stuck. Like I've said before, there is a computer available for me to use, it just isn't user friendly. But that isn't really why I'm here.

I've been seriously thinking about it, and I don't know how much I want to go back to blogging. It might just be because I wasn't at a good place when all this happened, but I'm at a much better place in my life now, and honestly, just the thought of blogging makes me want to cringe. It just doesn't really sound like the kind of life I want to live, staring at a computer screen for hours on end. And what's the point of it all? To get more followers, page views, and comments? Honestly, that's what my focus was on right when this happening, more than anything else.

After things started to get better, I was looking forward to coming back. I had lots of fun plans, but now I'm not so sure. I started out blogging for myself and only myself, but then followers came along and I started trying to please everyone. I know that really I should keep blogging for myself, but it really requires changing my mindset. Is it just a hobby, or something more?

I've been doing this for two years, and in those two years I've been letting family, friends, school, and a lot of other things fall to the sidelines. And when it came to blogging, I'd spend the majority of the time just stressing and spreading myself too thin. And then I'd get frustrated when all my efforts didn't pay off.

Another thing that I think made blogging stressful was the fact that my reading schedule is very bipolar, in that I'll go through very dramatic ups and downs. Sometimes I'd be reading three books a day, and others not picking up a book for weeks. Right now I'm in a down slump, with no desire to read anything. And I'm completely okay with that.

So for now I'm still on a break, and I'm going to make the most of it! I'm going to go out there and be crazy! And when the thought of coming back doesn't stress me out, I'll be back. But I'm not going to spread myself too thin this time. I'm not going to try to post everyday. which is something I tried (and failed) earnestly to do.

Before now I'd had grand plans of hosting a month long event, starting up a NEW blog focused on fairy tale books and films in addition to this one, and opening a blog design business! Right now I have a feeling I won't be doing any of those in the near future, but you never know! I'll just have to take it a day at a time!

8 comments:

  1. I've been having the same issues. Well, not computer issues, but blogging is starting to feel like a job to me. I'm debating on whether to take a break or to just quit. I've been doing it for like a year and a half and while it's been fun, it's also been really stressful because I was trying to post every day. I don't want to ruin my love of reading because I feel like I need to read books to get them reviewed.

    Anyway, sorry for gushing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for gushing! It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. If you think you need a break, then I suggest you take a break. When I've taken short breaks before, I'm usually back to my usual bloggy self by the time I come back. But honestly, you need to do what's best for you.

      Delete
  2. I sure do miss your post Debz, but I understand why you need this break. Take as long as you need and I will look forward to more fairy tale madness when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I will be sad to see you go, BUT I full understand boycotting your blog and going on a crazy adventure! Have fun, and know we're sending you positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head hurt reading all you had planned for the coming months! Take as long a break as you need. I've had blogger burn-out several times and each time I took a break I felt regenerated, but you need to do what's best for you. Have fun on your crazy adventures this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, I'm sad to see you go Debz! You and I were so alike when it came to reading fairytales and I'm sorry to hear that you felt so forced to blog. I hope you go on to read many, many, many books and I hope that some day you might return to blogging again ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely do whatever makes you happy Debz!! I'm at the point with blogging that I pretty much only do review posts after I read a book. My main goal for blogging is to let people know about some great clean books I've read and to have a place to send friends/family when they ask for recommendations. So I try not to stress too much about all the other blogging things that can take up A LOT of time. Have a super fun summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I ask myself why I blog too. Some days I just want to read, and I don't want to worry about reviewing the book. I still blog for me though. Sending my thoughts out into the great unknown is a bit therapeutic for me. I will miss your blog! It was one of my favorites, but I will be patiently awaiting the day when you come back! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...