Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A to Z Survey!

I’m in a kind of random mood today, and so I decided to join in on the fun and do this survey that’s been floating around, which was created by the amazing Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner!

AtoZsurvey

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Gail Carson Levine, with a whopping 16 books. And I read nearly all of them before I even started blogging!

Best Sequel Ever:

This is so hard to choose! Can I pick a top three?

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Asunder by Jodi Meadows

These books blew me away!

Currently Reading:

Slayers by C.J. Hill

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Water? I don’t generally drink while reading because I’m a klutz and books are expensive.

E-reader or Physical Book?

I definitely prefer a physical book, but I love my Kindle Fire to pieces!

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Well, I think Sam from Incarnate and I would make a good match…

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Hunger Games! I was so hesitant to picking it up, and now I’m forever grateful for taking that chance!

Hidden Gem Book:

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Being introduced to Harry Potter! That catapulted me into a world of books, and I can say for sure that it has left a profound effect on me.

Just Finished:

I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

By nature, I’m a very picky reader. Since I started blogging I’ve definitely expanded my tastes, but one genre I won’t touch with a 39 1/2 foot pole is paranormal romance. I’m not a huge fan of either genre by itself, but together it’s just too much. I’ve read a small handful, and each was worst than the last.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, with a whopping 1,463 pages. And it only took me six months!

Major book hangover because of:

Reached by Ally Condie (worse hangover than Mockingjay!)

Number of Bookcases You Own:

One. My parents own dozens, which aren’t even holding many books, but they only permit me to have one, which is threatening to topple any day now from holding twice as many books as it should.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Actually, this hangover might’ve been even worse than with Reached. I was crying nonstop once I finished it, and so I read it again. I think I read it three or four times that week. Best $1.99 I ever spent.

Preferred Place To Read:

On the couch. I know! I’m so boring! But reading in bed hurts my neck.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“If we don't tell strange stories, when something strange happens we won't believe it.”
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

This is just a short little line, but for some reason it has stuck with me. It’s so true, and I think maybe that’s the reason I’m so attracted to fairy tales—and even why they were told originally—because they teach us lessons we need to know to prepare us for the unknown.

Reading Regret:

I don’t think I can say I have any regrets. Maybe regretting the short time as a tween when I didn’t like to read, but I like to think of that a moment of struggling with discovering and deciding who I am. I think I made the right choice (:

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):

So so so many, but one that’s sticking out right now is the Uglies series.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Doon by Carie Corp and Lorie Langdon. This book is a combination of everything I love: magic, folklore, musicals, travel, and cute boys! And ever since I heard about it I’ve been freaking out and fangirling like nobody’s business. My review should be going up any day now, and then the fullness of my fangirling will be unleashed!  

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Cress by Marissa Meyer! As stated above, Cinder is amazing. And one of my all-time favorite fairy tales just happens to be Rapunzel. I’m currently in the process of begging for an ARC, but otherwise it comes out a week before my birthday—clearly not a coincident.

Worst Bookish Habit:

Library books. I always check out a ton of books, but I almost never read them. And then they end up being a month overdue. I eventually just stopped going to the library altogether, because being surrounded by that many FREE books was bad for my health.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

**My shelf is inconveniently placed at the moment. I will update this later!**

Your latest book purchase:

eBook of Fathomless by Jackson Pearce. It was $2.99, and I’ve been dying to read it for months! Looking forward to diving right in!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

I don’t actually stay up late reading. I’ve gotten out of the habit of reading before bed. But I do distinctly remember that both Before I Fall and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver kept me up way past midnight (and those were both well over a year ago!)

Has anyone else done this survey? I’d love to see your answers! Link me up!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous answers! I love Gail Carson Levine but I've only read a few of her books. I'm going to have to remedy that. Also, I adored Tiger Lily as well. And you should totally finish the Uglies series. The final book isn't the best but I liked it.

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...