Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (13)

      StS

      Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

      You know how I said last time that I was going to stop buying and requesting books? That didn’t quite work…

      Received This Week

      Purchased

      image

      The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
      Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
      Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
      Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
      Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins
      Life of Pi by Yann Martel
      Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
      The Secret of Devon Delaney by Lauren Barnholdt
      The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
      The Wanderer by Sharon Creech
      The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
      The Witches by Roald Dahl

I really shouldn’t be allowed to browse the book section of the thrift store. I got all 12 of these books (mostly in brand new condition) for less than $7.

      For Review

      image

      A Question of Magic by E.D. Baker
      Hero by Alethea Kontis!!!
      My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending by Anna Staniszewski

      Thank you to Bloomsbury, Sourcebooks, and Alethea!

      Blogged This Week

Not overwhelmingly crazy this week, but I’m finally getting back in the swing of things!

Read This Week

EnchantedBetween the LinesHamlet

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis (audiobook)
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer
Hamlet by William Shakespeare (audio dramatization)

To Read Next Week

Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2)Tumble & FallPride and Prejudice

Hero by Alethea Kontis
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I must say.. I'm jealous of Hero!! Oh my, I can't wait to read it :D Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Luckily it's just a few more short weeks until the release!

      Delete
  2. I loved Hero! It was just as good as Enchanted. The Secret Life of Bees is also great. Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely bought lots of books! Great value though.

    Here's my STS http://beentherereadthatreviewedthebook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...