Friday, October 11, 2013

Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

dewey

This is a last minute on-a-whim thing. I have a mostly empty(ish) weekend, and I’m horribly behind in my reading, so I figured I’d take advantage of the opportunity this time around!

I’ll be joining Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, which starts tomorrow

I have a nice big stack of books to read, and so for this read-a-thon I’ve selected a handful of shorter (and spookier) ones to try. My goal is 3 books, but my fingers are crossed I can finish all 6 below.

image

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Mind Games by Kiersten White
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
The Witches by Roald Dahl

Are you read-a-thoning? What’s on your TBR pile?

11 comments:

  1. I'm participating, too! I still need to get my book (and snack!) list sorted out! Must get to that ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot about snacks! Well, I have been craving pumpkin cookies... (:

      Delete
  2. I joined too, but haven't gotten my queue together yet. I loved The Witches when I was younger -- Roald Dahl is awesome! Have a great day of reading tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Roald Dahl so much, but somehow I never read The Witches when I was younger, so I'm making up for it now. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the Read a Thon! I really enjoyed Enclave, but the 2nd book was a set back. I hope Horde is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Enclave. I think I have Outpost somewhere, and maybe even an ARC of Horde, so maybe I'll finish the series over the weekend!

      Delete
  4. Your the second person I've come across with Roald Dahl in their stack.
    Good luck with the #readathon. Only 5 more hours to go until the official start time!
    #TeamTiger #ROAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Roald Dahl is a twisted writer! I'm ready to go!

      Delete
  5. You have some awesome books on your list, I've read and loved Enclave, Sweetly and If I Stay. It's been a while since I read Roald Dahl, such a great children's author. I hope you get a lot read today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the books I'm most excited for! I love Roald Dahl!

      Delete
  6. I liked Sweetly. It was slower and darker than most of the other retellings I've read, but it was good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...