Friday, October 11, 2013

Introducing…Princess Debz 2.0

Princess Deb

A couple weeks ago I was feeling bored and had nothing to do. I was staring at the ceiling trying to think up things I could be doing (y’know, besides geometry and physics) and I was drawing a blank. Then all of a sudden I had a thought. I’m not a bad artist, and I’ve got an empty sketchbook. I’m getting kind of sick of the profile picture on my blog and Twitter. I have a knack for drawing Disney characters. I should try to cartoon myself, and if it’s not half bad, that can be my new avatar!

And so I got sketching. The face is heavily based on Belle, and the tiara is similar to Tiana’s, but the hair is 100% Debz. I drew a rough sketch, scanned it in, and then basically re-drew the entire thing using all of my free graphic editing programs (because free is always better), and added a lot more details like the curls, freckles, and all the shading. It took far longer than I expected, but I’m super happy with it. It looks more mature, and closer to what I actually look like, but it’s still cartoony and cutesy and whimsical.

I kind of miss the old one, but I love this new one. I could make this all cheesy about how this is the beginning of a new chapter in my blogging career, but chances are my blog and I aren’t changing much any time soon, and that’s okay.

image

4 comments:

  1. I like it Debz! The freckles are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a superb artist, I love the new profile pic ;)
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! I love it, and I'm so impressed! I love my little avatar, but I think I would be more proud if I had done it myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...