Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Spooky October Reads

image

This month is guaranteed to be a blast. If you know me, you know that my least favorite genres are paranormal and horror. So what am I planning on reading? Just that! I’m trying my hand at some spooky reads to get me in the Halloween Spirit. Below are a handful of the books I have to choose from. On top of these I have a few review books and the like.

image

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
The Works of Edgar Allen Poe
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer
The Witches by Roald Dahl
The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
Insomnia by J.R. Johansson

Any other spooky suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. These are all great(: Especially Harry Potter! I do highly recommend Unbreakable by Kami Garcia though. It just came out today and its amazing!!

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely add that to my TBR list! I don't think I've read any Kami Garcia. Thanks (:

      Delete
  2. My cover designer is releasing a light paranormal novella this month. :) It's titled Haunting Joy: a ghostly little story. We just revealed the special edition paperback cover today, if you'd like to check it out:

    Cover Reveal

    This should definitely be a fun reading month! Enjoy! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! That sounds like a fun and spooky read. Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  3. Good luck Deb! It can be so much fun to try something new. I definitely recommend reading Sweetly, Daughter of smoke and bone, The immortal rules and The madman's daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to try something new! Those are the books I'm most looking forward to, so I'll definitely be getting to them soon!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...