Saturday, October 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (16)

Things have been really quiet this week, and so now it’s time for an explanation. My dad is moving across the country on Sunday, and so it’s been nonstop family time. I’m not quite sure what’s going to happen with blogging for now, because the rest of us are staying here until we figure something out. This might mean I have tons of spare time, or none at all. I’ll just have to play it by ear in the mean time.

UPDATE: I just realized that since I just copy-and-pasted this whole post from a few weeks ago to keep the formatting the same, that the whole message about my dad was still there. Circumstances are basically the same, only he’s safe and sound on the other side of the country!

Now on to the books!

      Received This Week

      Purchased

      David CopperfieldOliver TwistGreat Expectations (Illustrated)

      David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
      Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
      Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

These brand new hardcovers came in a matching set for $3, but I’ve scoured Goodreads and it turns out only the David Copperfield has a match, so I found the second closest covers. It would help if they had ISBN’s…

A Crooked Kind of Perfect

A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban

I also picked this up for 50 cents. I think I read it 5 years ago. Hmmm…

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

ALLEGIANT by VERONICA ROTH

I last minute ordered this, and I’m so glad I did. I’ve NEVER been so emotional over an ending! (Well, maybe TFiOS) Tied for my favorite dystopian trilogy ever!

      NetGalley

      13142568

      Fates by Lanie Bross

      This looks amazing and it comes out on my birthday!

      For Review (unsolicited)

      Love Letters to the Dead

      Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

I’d never heard about this book until it appeared on my doorstep, and it looks really cool! Can’t wait to dig in!

      Blogged This Week

Nothing! I’ve been trying, but I just can’t seem to find the time for anything these days! I might be “officially” going on hiatus soon, just to take a break from stressing about the lack of posts. In other vaguely related news, I’m doing NaNoWriMo, aka Turn Into a Sleep-Deprived Zombie Month! I’m going to be working on a fairy tale mashup that’s been living in my brain for the past few months If you can guess which 3 fairy tales I’ll be mashing together, kudos (and maybe something from my super secret swag supply) to you!

Read This Week

Two weeks ago…

Ten Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2)

Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

This past week…

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenSlayers (Slayers, #1)

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Slayers by C.J. Hill

To Read Next Week

The WitchesFriends and Traitors (Slayers, #2)Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)

The Witches by Roald Dahl
Friends and Traitors by C.J. Hill
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer

How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. I got Fates this morning after my post already went up! LoL

    I adore the cover for A Crooked Kind of Perfect!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer?! That could be so great. Or just awful. I'd love to see what you think!

    I haven't read Allegiant yet, so I'm sitting around making up random guesses for what happens at the end that's driving everyone nuts. I'm glad to find someone who liked it!

    Good luck figuring out things with your dad's move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer is like a Choose Your Own Adventure book, so it really does have the potential to be great or awful. Starting it today. We'll see how things turn out!

      It's a totally unexpected ending. I'll just say that about Allegiant.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your dad's move, Debz. And if you don't have the time, an hiatus is always a good idea :) Daughter of smoke and bone is VERY good and I can't wait to see what you think of Sleeping Beauty: I wasn't a huge fan of the first book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to dig into Daughter of Smoke and Bone because I've heard it's AMAZING. I have a feeling Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer won't be outstanding literature, but it should be fun!

      Delete
  4. I bought Allegiant, but I haven't read it yet. I'm debating on if I want to read the first two again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest that you do reread the first two. I regretted not doing so, since I didn't remember much of what happened. Either way, it's worth the read (and quickly!)

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...