Sunday, December 8, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (17)

It’s been a month since I last did this, and I’m surprised by just how much things have changed during that time! The biggest news in my neck of the woods is that I’m hosting the Fairy Tales Retold Reading Challenge for the third year in a row! Another thing that it’s probably wise to alert you to is that I’m in the process of moving, which won’t effect this blog too much, but just in case, I now have an excuse for my sporadic absence (:

      Received This Month

      Purchased

      Proxy (Proxy, #1)The Innocents (The Innocents, #1)Cinderella: Ninja Warrior (Twisted Tales, #1)The Cadet of TildorThe Devil's Arithmetic  Impostor (Variants, #1)Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2)

      Proxy by Alex London
      The Innocents by Lili Peloquin
      Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan
      The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell
      Impostor by Susanne Winnacker
      The Devil’s Arithmetic by Jane Yolen

      I got all of these—brand new—from my favorite bargain outlet which always has a huge selection of books. They were each $2, which is a steal!

      Hero by Alethea Kontis

      In my nearly three years of blogging, there has never been an author event within 50 miles of my house, and then who should happen to book an event here than one of my favorite authors? So of course I had to go! And now I have a beautiful signed hardcover (:

      NetGalley

      DangerousThe Winner's Curse

      Dangerous by Shannon Hale (*squee*)
      The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski

      Two of my most highly anticipated releases—I can’t wait to dig in!

      Library

      Crewel (Crewel World, #1)SeraphinaIf I Stay

      Got some amazing-looking audiobooks from my library, and just in time, too!

      Luckily I got that business sorted out.

      Found in Garage

      Anna KareninFahrenheit 451The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)

      Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
      Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
      The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
      Maria: My Own Story by Maria von Trapp

      As part of this whole moving business, I’ve been slowly digging through boxes in our garage in an attempt to de-junk. 90% of what’s out there are books, and I’ve been gradually transferring them to my shelves. I’m especially excited about Maria because I’m a Sound of Music nerd.

      Blogged This Week

  • #MYGReadAThon | The I Haven’t Reached My Reading Goals Yet! Read-a-Thon TBR
  • 2014 Fairy Tales Retold Reading Challenge
  • Incarnate Series Read-A-Thon!
  • 2014 Reading Challenges

Lots of event focused posts this week! Next week should be more traditionally Debz, with some long-overdue book AND movie reviews (something I’m going to be doing more frequently!)

Read This Week

Tumble & FallThe Shadow Girl

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
The Shadow Girl by Jennifer Archer

To Read Next Week

Friends and Traitors (Slayers, #2)Right of WayPride and PrejudiceIron Hearted Violet

Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C.J. Hill
Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill

I have a staggering TBR pile, so I’m going to be trying to tackle it this week!

How was your week? Leave links in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Cinderella Ninja Warrior! That series sound awesome! I totally wish there was a bargain outlet like that around here! I'd kill for some $2 books! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...