Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon (Interview!)

image

Last night I was browsing through my favorite blogs when I discovered the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon! I’m getting a late start on it, but here I am! The schedule of events looks exciting, and I’m pumped! Since I’m getting to this so late, I’m a bit unprepared (not to mention I’m in a different time zone than I’m used to blogging in), but hopefully it’ll still be a blast!

How did you come up with your blog name?

Originally it was Darling Deb’s Bookshelf  but then I changed it to Debz Bookshelf  because it sounded cooler and I was oblivious to how grammatically incorrect it was. If I could go back and change it, I would, but I’ve grown too attached to it.

What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?

I stick to Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction, with a particular emphasis on Fairy Tale Retellings (I host a whole challenge for retellings!) I will read contemporary or sci-fi on occasion, but I love to stick to fantasy.

Name the 3 books you're excited for in 2014!

158443621836527916067008

The One, The Castle Behind Thorns, and Stitching Snow are just a few of my most highly anticipated releases!

Where in the world are you blogging from?

Up until a month ago I was blogging from the East Coast, but now I’m 3.000 miles west, locked away in a tower, with no doors or stairs…

Tell us -- how did you get into blogging in the first place?

It actually started a long time before book blogging. When I was seven years old I began to learn HTML coding and started my first blog (I think it was a party planning blog) ever since then I’ve attempted dozens of blogs, mostly family blogs. Then, in 2010 I started reading Shannon Hale’s books, which I loved, so I did what all author lovers do: I stalked her online. In one of her blog posts she mentioned the blog Squeaky Books, and then the door was opened. I discovered through Enna a whole universe of book lovers, and so I joined their ranks in Spring of 2011.

Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

I’ve always had a passion for Broadway, so if I’m not reading or blogging, I’m probably singing my heart out to some old showtunes. Beyond that, I keep myself occupied just spending time with my family, who keep me plenty busy.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?

Does a Kindle count? With wifi? No? Well then, probably my battered old copy of Ella Enchanted, and probably a guide to getting off a deserted island. Oh, and the complete works of Jane Austen, so I can finally get around to reading them!

If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?

Wolf (and Scarlet!) from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. He’s got the strength and she’s got the brains to save me from whatever disaster I wander into.

You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?

A horrible party song, that’s for sure! No One is Alone from Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim is more of a lullaby, but that’s my song. Or something more upbeat (though still horrible for partying) is Impossible from Cinderella by Rodger + Hammerstein.

What 3 movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?

I don’t know if I can answer that, because all my favorite movies are based on books, plus they’re all historical dramas, which is a completely different genre than my favorite authors write. But vise versa, I would love to see Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Matched by Ally Condie, and The Selection by Kiera Cass!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we have the fantasy & fairy tale love in common :D I also really look forward to those 2 books. Wolf can also save me any time, as long as he's not in control by the Lunars!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairy tale retellings and I have got many of the recommendations from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to The One and I just added The Castle Behind Thorns to my TBR because it looks so good! And wow, you learned HTML when you were 7? Crazy! You were meant to be a blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...