Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves:January!

Long time no see! I’ve missed blogging so much, but I’ve been busy with this little thing called moving across the country! Luckily I am finally settled in, and ready to get back to business!

Of course, as a result of technically being homeless for about two weeks, I haven’t acquired a ton of books this past month, but I still have a few goodies to show off!

      Received This Month

      Christmas!

      2014-02-01_16-33-16_2282014-02-01_16-32-21_47Jane Eyre

In preparation for this post I went back through my books and realized I still haven’t posted my Christmas books!

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner
Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Some of my all-time favorite books, and an illustrated version of my favorite musical, which has been out of print for twenty years and I didn’t even know existed until the week before Christmas (Thank you Amazon Prime!)

      ARCs

      2014-02-01_16-32-57_522

      Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
      Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

      Two awesome fairy tale retellings to add to my stack of FTRC books! Thank you Macmillan and HarperTeen!

      Library

      2014-02-01_16-33-31_457

While driving around my new neighborhood, I found my local library nestled between a pizza place and a barber’s shop, so I went in, introduced myself, and got a library card (which I can guarantee is cuter than yours because it has a sleeping owl on it) and then, of course, a handful of books!

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente
Doll Bones by Holly Black (audiobook)
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

      NetGalley

      A Snicker of MagicRose and the Lost PrincessThe Summer InvitationCuredThe Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)Grim

      A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
      Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb
      The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
      Cured by Bethany Wiggins
      The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
      Grim compiled by Christine Johnson

      Some amazing looking MG and YA titles from Scholastic, Sourcebooks, Bloomsbury, Macmillan, and Harlequin!

          Gifted

          2014-02-01_16-35-21_857

The amazing Kristen Evey sent me a surprise little box of fairy tale goodies. The picture is crap, but it included a Little Mermaid notepad, a bar of Pinocchio soap, and a Pegasus necklace (among other awesome knick-knacks!)

Read This Month

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
Cruel BeautyGoing Rogue (Also Known As, #2)Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling (auduiobook)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling (Audiobook)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling (audiobook)
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Going Rogue by Robin Benway
Pivot Point by Kasie West
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

To Read Next Month

Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Fates (Fates, #1)The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)GrimThe Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2)Where the Stars Still ShineThe Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)

Cress by Marissa Meyer
Fates by Lanie Bross
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Grim edited by Christine Johnson
The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
The Winner Curse by Marie Rutoski

How was your month? Leave links in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you are back Debz. I'm interested to find how far you moved. If it took two weeks I'm going to guess it was quite a long ways. Anyways Second Star is a book I want to read this year. I'm so excited to read Cress. I also read Pivot Point this month and loved it. I can't wait for Split Second. Fairy Tale Fortnight is coming up in April and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't want to reveal my exact location, but I will say that we drove from coast to coast, and if we'd driven much more we would've fallen over the edge! I totally spaced FTF this year! Will have to find a way to get involved!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I hope you enjoy them.

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stack! Can't wait to see your thoughts on them! Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Following your blog and would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose and the Lost Princess looks adorable :D I also got Grim & Cruel beauty is FANTASTIC. I loved Cress. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruel Beauty is fantastic! My review should be popping up this week! Jealous that you got to read Cress!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...