Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry


A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is depressing, but in a happy way. Here are some of my favorite tear-jerking novels:  

Before I FallThe Fault in Our StarsJellicoe Road

10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

8. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

These are all sort of obvious crying books. I actually hated Before I Fall, but somehow the ending got to me and I was bawling at four in the morning. The Fault in Our Stars is like, the most obvious choice for this list. I mean, have you seen the trailer?

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Reached (Matched, #3)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

7. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

6. Reached by Ally Condie

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

All these series enders! These books all have intensely emotional endings, and I dare you to make it through without a single tear! While Mockingjay’s ending was less than satisfying, all others are among my favorite endings ever!  

The Two Princesses of BamarreBetween Shades of GrayTiger Lily

3. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

These books are all near and dear to my heart. They’ve touched me in ways few other books have. They really don’t have much in common, beyond a strong heroine and an intricate and touching story.

What are some of your favorite bawling books?

3 comments:

  1. I finally finished Anna and the King of Siam which is the book the King and I is based on. I was lucky enough to see Yul Brenner perform this is person as well as seeing the film. I did recently listen to some of the songs on youtube. I will have a review at http://rachelle21reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've read most of those! I need to read John Green's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiger Lily <3 Only thinking about it make me want to cry. The fault in our stars is also very emotional and Harry Potter *sobs*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...