A weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is depressing, but in a happy way. Here are some of my favorite tear-jerking novels:
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
8. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
These are all sort of obvious crying books. I actually hated Before I Fall, but somehow the ending got to me and I was bawling at four in the morning. The Fault in Our Stars is like, the most obvious choice for this list. I mean, have you seen the trailer?
7. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
6. Reached by Ally Condie
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
All these series enders! These books all have intensely emotional endings, and I dare you to make it through without a single tear! While Mockingjay’s ending was less than satisfying, all others are among my favorite endings ever!
3. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
These books are all near and dear to my heart. They’ve touched me in ways few other books have. They really don’t have much in common, beyond a strong heroine and an intricate and touching story.
What are some of your favorite bawling books?