Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Review: Going Rogue by Robin Benway

   Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
 
 
 
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Release Date: January 14th 2014
Genre: YA Spy Thriller
Challenge: Series, Review Pile
Source: eARC for Review
Find it: Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

Being permanently based in a local New York City high school as an undercover operative has its moments, good and bad, for 16-year-old safecracker Maggie Silver. Pros: More quality time with her former mark-turned-boyfriend Jesse Oliver and insanely cool best friend, Roux. Getting to spend quality time with her semi-retired and international spy honorary uncle, Angelo. Cons: High school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations. But when Maggie's parents are falsely accused of stealing priceless gold coins, Maggie uses her safecracking skills to try and clear their names. Too bad it only serves to put her and everyone she loves in danger. Maggie and her "new team" flee to Paris where they must come up with a plan to defeat their former allies.

Reading Going Rogue was like going back to see an old friend. It brought back memories of all the laughter, adventure, and swooning that was experienced during book one, Also Known As. All the same great characters were back for book two, so right from the start I knew I was in for an adventure.

Maggie has definitely matured from the last book, but she was still the hilarious Maggie I loved from the first book. In this book she has to grow up faster than anybody could anticipate, and does so with grace and snark unique to her character learning to sacrifice for those she loves most.

The actual plot, I think, was even more engaging and intriguing than Also Known As. Though I don’t feel there was as much mystery to it, the levels of suspense were raised much higher.

Benway’s writing was, unsurprisingly outstanding and was a perfect match with Maggie’s personality and the overall style of the novel.

This series is so much fun, and with more intensity (and kissing), Going Rogue is not one to miss!

5 Stars

 

2 comments:

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...