Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: February

This month has been crazy on my end. I’ve actually been more involved in the blogging community this past month, and I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed it! I’m crossing my fingers that I can get back in the full swing of things this coming month!

      Received This Month

      Purchased

This was a pretty sad month for books. until I happened to find a Half Priced Books nearby, and went just a teensy bit crazy.

Cybele's Secret (Wildwood, #2)Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
Sarah, Plain and TallThe WandererThe Wheel on the SchoolElla Enchanted

Cybele’s Secret by Juliet Marillier
Cross My Hear and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
and a boxed set of Newbery winners, which included
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
The Wanderer by Sharon Creech
The Wheel on the School by Meindert Dejong
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (I mostly just got it for Ella Enchanted with the gorgeous cover.)

NetGalley

      Cinderella Stays Late (Grimmtastic Girls, #1)Red Riding Hood Gets Lost (Grimmtastic Girls, #2)

      Grimmtastic Girls: Cinderella Stays Late by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
      Grimmtastic Girls: Red Riding Hood Gets Lost by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

      Library

      Infinite (Newsoul, #3)

      Infinite by Jodi Meadows

Read This Month

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)ScarletCress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2)

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente

I’ve actually read much more than this, it’s just that all my reading time seems to be filled with Dr. Seuss this days (By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ted!)

To Read Next Month

GrimInfinite (Newsoul, #3)The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)The Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)Love Letters to the DeadToweringA Snicker of MagicDangerousCinderella Stays Late (Grimmtastic Girls, #1)Red Riding Hood Gets Lost (Grimmtastic Girls, #2)

Grim edited by Christine Johnson
Infinite by Jodi Meadows
The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
The Winner Curse by Marie Rutoski
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Towering by Alex Flinn
A Snicker of Magic
Dangerous by Shannon Hale
Grimmtastic Girls: Cinderella Stays Late by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
Grimmtastic Girls: Red Riding Hood Gets Lost by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

I’m feeling ambitious this month, and I’m confident that I can get through most, if not all of these!

Don’t forget to link up your Fairy Tales Retold reviews and enter to win a retelling hand-picked by me!

How was your month? Leave links in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. Awhhh, those two books from Netgalley look adorable! Cybele's secret <3 I love that book. I need to get Ella Enchanted, I quite like the movie. I can't wait to see what you think about The hero's guide, this book has been on my wish list for a while now. Towering and Grim where 'meh' to me, but I hope you enjoy them!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read Ella Enchanted? That's shameful! It's only one of the greatest fairy tale retellings of all time, and you've read even more than I have. The movie is fun, but can't be compared to the book at all. Now I'm going to be pestering you until you read it!

      Delete
  2. Ella Enchanted does look beautiful. I haven't read Ella Enchanted, but I plan to at some point. I just need a month devoid of other expectations to sit back and read fairy tales. I can't wait to read Infinite. I still need to read Phionex Overture. I look forward to what you think of Love Letters Dead. It has such a pretty cover that I would love to read it. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read Ella Enchanted, either? I think it's time for a read-along! I've been meaning to read Phoenix Overture as well. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Great great haul. I loved Infinite, such a good conclusion to the series. Those books from Netgalley look adorbs!!!
    Here is My StS
    Daisel @ Owl Alwats Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard nothing but good things about Infinite! The Grimmtastic Girls books were too cute to pass up, and I can't wait to read 'em!

      Delete
  4. Infinite is a fantastic ending to the series! Enjoy! Love Letter to the Dead is on my list for this month, too, and I'm reading Winner's Curse right now and loving so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that The Winner's Curse is amazing! It looks great.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I ADORED Sarah, Plain and Tall when I was in elementary school. It's one of my favorites... And now I'm sad I don't own it anymore. Thanks for the reminder and happy reading! New GFC follower My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a great story. Can't wait to read it eventually.

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  6. Infinite! I'm still waiting on my library to get it in! So slow! :P

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting on library books is painful. I had to wait almost a month from the time I reserved it until I could pick it up. Hope you get it soon!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...