Thursday, May 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: April

This month has been crazy, but in a good way. My blog has been overwhelmed with fairy tale fun, and in the real world it's finally getting warm! I've missed the sun these past few months, and now it's here. The school year is almost over, and then there's an entire summer to (hopefully) sit back and relax.

      Received This Month

      Library

      17668473Popular_comp9.indd
      81135121603912217368138
      4195797769406

      Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
      Popular by Maya Van Wagenen
      Poison by Bridget Zinn
      Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce
      Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge
      Stephen Sondheim: A Life by Meryle Secrest
      Finishing the Hat by Stephen Sondheim
      (I'm on a Sondheim kick…)

I really love my library. I'll put a hold on something the day it comes out, the nearest copy at a branch 20 miles away, and it just shows up on the shelf the next day!

      For Review

      979189217428643cover38757-medium

      Unremembered by Jessica Brody
      The Beast Within by Serena Valentino
      The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine

The AMAZING people at Macmillan sent me Unremembered after I heard the awesome movie news, and I heard about both The Beast Within and The Girls at Kingfisher Club during Fairy Tale Fortnight, and the publishers delivered generously through NetGalley.

      Won

      15789443

      Something Real by Heather Demetrios

Inky of Book Haven Extraordinare featured a really great guest post from Heather, including a giveaway, and voila: this book is in my possession! Thanks Inky and Macmillan!

      Purchased

image

I didn't buy any book books, but I found the most amazing music store in the entire world. It looks like a little abandoned shack, but inside are shelves and shelves of ridiculously cheap music. Just a handful of the things I got: Frozen, Harry Potter, Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella, Pocahontas, Sweeney Todd, Beauty and the Beast, Hairspray, West Side Story, and a ton of those "best of" collections. My fingers and vocal cords are probably going to die as I attempt to master it all, but I'll have fun with it anyway!

      Blogged This Month

It was FAIRY TALE FORTNIGHT! My favorite time of year! There are still a few days left to it, and in an effort to save space (it's not laziness…) I'll just link you to my MASTER SCHEDULE. And there are a few days left to win either Cruel Beauty, Second Star, or Scarlet (It's SIGNED and may come with swag!) in ARC form. I also joined The Book Monsters Summer Library Challenge and Katie's Book Blog's Summer Reading Program, so I'm ready to jump into Summer! Oh, and I forgot my blogoversary.

Read This Month

1624811318371588183715891355471319320421606903017822788186391671885

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
Grimmtastic Girls: Cinderella Stays Late
Grimmtastic Girls: Red Riding Hood Gets Lost
Fairy Tales From the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version by Philip Pullman
The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Rose by Holly Webb
Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

To Read Next Month

8113512Popular_comp9.indd161150381846557717368138
1766756117668473172611831814004715789443

Poison by Bridget Zinn
Popular by Maya Van Wagenen
Grim, edited by Christine Johnson
Second by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge
The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two by Catherynne M. Valente
Love Letters to the Dead by by Ava Dellaira
Something Real by Heather Demetrios

How was your month? Leave links in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. The Beast Within *scream* That looks so good :D I love the sound of it. I hope you enjoy Poison & Prisoner of night and fog as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited to dig into it! I put Prisoner of Night and Fog on hold at my library after I read your review, so thank you. I hope I love it!

      Delete
  2. I am still working on my wrap up post for this month, but it was one of my best months of the year so far. The Beast Within looks pretty good. I have not any of the books you got done this month, but I want to read a lot of them. I'm hoping to read Second Star in May also. I was going to read Poison last year, but never got around to it so it is on the goal list for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually finish my wrap up posts a little late, too, hence the posting in May. Second Star and Poison both look like perfect Summer reads. I hope that you (and I) can read them!

      Delete
  3. Wow, so much amazing fairy-tale-ness (that should totally be a word!) in one post! The Beast Within looks amazing, I can't wait for it to be realised. I've been meaning to read Poison for the longest time as I've heard so many great things about it, hopefully I'll get around to it soon :) I read Prisoner of Night and Fog in April and really enjoyed it, so I hope that you enjoy it too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you talking about? Fairytaleness is totally a word, at least on this blog! Poison sounds wonderful, so I hope you can get to it soon! I'm really looking forward to Prisoner of Night and Fog after all the amazing reviews I've read, including yours!

      Delete
    2. P.S. I love your brand-new blog! Totally following it!

      Delete
  4. You and I have some definite tastes in common! I loved The School for Good and Evil - I totally need to read Poison. I grabbed Gilded Ashes too. I dare say you have a bit of a fairytale fetish my dear =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...